Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U91IL, or 91IL? I was the one who underlined it, but forgot why I did...I indicated the color was Dark Tarnish Silver Metallic, but don't see that color listed anywhere for the 2006 Caddy.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
U911L, and that is the color of my '06 1SF V8 AWD STS. The color is listed as Silver Smoke on the window sticker but I have seen it listed as "Dark Tarnished Silver" elsewhere. It's a very difficult color to blend because it wants to go on too dark with a wet coat. You have to be very patient and lay on numerous very thin coats to keep it from darkening up.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
The paint code names are usually different from the marketed color name as they aren't usually a very catchy name.

My car is marketed as having "black cherry" paint but the paint code definition is "Dark Brahma Jewel Coat Metallic" WA519Q is the paint code for mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the clarrification guys, which leads me to why I needed to know the paint name. I need to replace my driver's side outside mirror The whole thing) and so far what I've seen at a few websites is either a gray color or a silver color. My question is: is there a particular part# for each color, and if not, do I go silver or gray?

David

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Yep ^^^^

Dollars to doughnuts the mirrors are in primer - it would easily look "silver/gray" in a picture.

A GOOD body shop can do spectrometry, then mix and match YOUR paint perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts