Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a reliable and cost effective extended warranty for my latest Allante acquisition. The A1 company that Allante Net recommends does not insure '93's any longer. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Not to mention most wont even cover cars even to 1993!

·
Registered
92 Allante, 98 Eldorado, 03 Seville
22 Posts
The Cadillac dealer here in Colorado Springs sells an extended warranty plan that accepts Allantes. There requirement is less than 60k miles and pass their inspection. Any SAE mechanic can do the inspection. The last time I checked (18 months ago) they were accepting '88s and later.

I purchased the plan for my '92 and have had several claims with no complaints; it is $100 deductible per visit. I've recovered the initial cost and have 18 months and 25,000 miles left on it. It wasn't cheap ($2,500) until you look at the repair costs it has covered so far (a little over $3,000).

I have the same dealership service the car although it isn't necessary. I think I get better claim service by using the same dealer for service.

The local dealer will sell the warranty policy to anyone anywhere if their car meets the criteria above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Stace. What is the contact information for the dealer? Is it a bumper to bumper warranty? What is not covered?

Clarkie59

Stace said:
The Cadillac dealer here in Colorado Springs sells an extended warranty plan that accepts Allantes. There requirement is less than 60k miles and pass their inspection. Any SAE mechanic can do the inspection. The last time I checked (18 months ago) they were accepting '88s and later.

I purchased the plan for my '92 and have had several claims with no complaints; it is $100 deductible per visit. I've recovered the initial cost and have 18 months and 25,000 miles left on it. It wasn't cheap ($2,500) until you look at the repair costs it has covered so far (a little over $3,000).

I have the same dealership service the car although it isn't necessary. I think I get better claim service by using the same dealer for service.

The local dealer will sell the warranty policy to anyone anywhere if their car meets the criteria above.

·
Registered
93 Allante
6 Posts
Haven't had a claim with them yet, but I need to take it in to get the rear oxygen sensor replaced. I called them about four months ago to get the OK to take it in and they didn't give me any problems. Unfortunately, I got in an accident about a week after that call - the car was in the body shop for 12 weeks, then I got it back for a few days. Then returned it to the body shop because there was a list of items they didn't repair correctly or just didn't repair. I should get it back again next week, so, assuming everything is repaired correctly, I'll take it in for the O2 sensor replacement and we'll see how that goes.

Cory

·
Registered
92 Allante, 98 Eldorado, 03 Seville
22 Posts
Clarkie59 said:
Thanks, Stace. What is the contact information for the dealer? Is it a bumper to bumper warranty? What is not covered?

Clarkie59
The warranty is bumper to bumper. As I recall, the only things not covered are those things subject to replacement due to normal wear. I know for a fact that the electronic stack (tape player, cd player) and ABS are covered since I've had claims for all.

The dealership is Red Noland Cadillac, 719-633-4633, but I'll have to call today for a contact since the gentleman that handled mine has moved to another Cadillac dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts