Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used CTS-V 2011 with 26K miles on it. I would like to get an extended war warranty on it. I want a GM warranty. Any advice on which to buy, where to purchase it, etc?

Thanks,
D.

·
Registered
2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.
498 Posts
DO NOT BUY ANY THIRD PARTY WARRANTY.

There, I said it. I hear ZERO good about them, except how much they saved on the initial purchase.

12,821 Posts
ddivinia,

General Motors offers 3 service contracts that range from Major Guard, our most comprehensive plan, to Basic Guard, the least comprehensive. For specific details on what is covered by each plan, please visit http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/ourproducts.html.

They are available for purchase through your local GM Dealership.

If you have any further questions, we're happy to help!

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2009 CTSV bone stock
627 Posts
I bought major guard when I got my 09 V. It's 36 months or 24k miles. I think it cost me 1600 or so. Has 100 dollar deductible.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V Stellar Black Sedan & 2016 ZO6 Corvette
119 Posts
Fichtner does/did have the best pricing I found and I purchased the GMPP for my ZO6 from them a couple of years ago. I contacted Dennis Fichtner several months ago about coverage for the V....he indicated he can't write policies for Florida residents any more. Apparently, Florida's legislature and the insurance lobby somehow became involved and made them discontinue writing policies. What a bummer as they were about 50% less than local dealers for the exact same product.

·
Registered
'09 V
169 Posts
One thing that concerns me, in terms of extended warranties, is coverage. Last month I had my right rear shock replaced on my sedan, covered by bumper to bumper warranty. Well after looking at most of the available extended warranty offerings lots of them do not cover shocks, for example. My aftermarket warranty does, however, has anybody had any experience between the aftermarket and OEM warranties where something wasn't covered or similar circumstances?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
mrk4543 said:
Florida's legislature and the insurance lobby somehow became involved and made them discontinue writing policies. What a bummer as they were about 50% less than local dealers for the exact same product.
Tell me about it. I was PISSED!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts