Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Prev: '14 Infiniti Q50, '16 CTS 3.6 Performance, Now: '19 Sierra AT4 6.2
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’m currently exploring extended warranty options for my car since my bumper-to-bumper will be running out in about 7 months. I have owned my car for 2 years and it’s been in the shop multiple times for repairs. Its fine now and I would rather not get into the GM reliability discussion in this thread. Want to approach this from a purely financial point of view.

Looking at the service history, the warranty repairs in the 2 years I have owned the vehicle total over $5000. I actually like the car and would rather keep it but not at the risk of it turning into a money pit. I would unfortunately have to move-on from it if I can’t find any good warranty options. Visited a couple of dealerships and both informed me no extended warranty options are available for me car. Looked at the Cadillac website and it only shows extended warranty options for 2018+ CT6. I searched online and came across GMEPP and GMPP with a lot of conflicting stories. Some say neither are affiliated with GM, some say get one but not the other, Ally owns both, etc.

Read horror stories about service contracts/insurance so would rather not get those. I’m aware of the extended warranty options available at purchase for new GM vehicles now. Can someone in the know clear this up for me: Does GM provide extended warranties after the fact or are all these options service contracts from 3rd parties? Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2012 911S Cab., 2003 Avey Z66
649 Posts
GMEPP is a GM product (used to be GMPP). I have owned many and just purchased one for my C7 that exits B2B in September. i will do one on the CTS in a year when the B2B runs out. the best price i have found is through Todd Southerland 978-660-8045. he works at Mac Mulkin Chevy/Caddy and will take care of you. In addition, you will NOT find a better price...these GMEPP's are very reasonable and cover about everything. you can buy with a $100 deductible or no deductible and pick the time/mileage you want. Transferable if you sell or cancel and get refund for portion not used.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS Standard 2.0T
154 Posts
This old thread has some good info:

https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2014-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/1070810-extended-warranty-2014-cts.html

I ended up buying my GMEPP from James Black Cadillac. I also contacted Dennis Fichtner at Menholt Chevrolet. Both dealerships were very responsive. Their prices were identical. GMEPP is the ONLY warranty worth buying.

I've had a CUE screen replaced and the smelly AC fix done twice, so I too was leery of not having any warranty coverage on a car I plan to keep for at least another 4 years.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,988 Posts
This old thread has some good info:

https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2014-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/1070810-extended-warranty-2014-cts.html

I ended up buying my GMEPP from James Black Cadillac. I also contacted Dennis Fichtner at Menholt Chevrolet. Both dealerships were very responsive. Their prices were identical. GMEPP is the ONLY warranty worth buying.

I've had a CUE screen replaced and the smelly AC fix done twice, so I too was leery of not having any warranty coverage on a car I plan to keep for at least another 4 years.
As did I. Highly recommend James Black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts