Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time I need to put an extended waranty on my CTS-V, I live in northern California.

Any recommendations?
Any warnings?

thanks in advance...

--Jerry

·
Registered
327 Posts
jerrycecco said:
Well it's time I need to put an extended waranty on my CTS-V, I live in northern California.

Any recommendations?
Any warnings?

thanks in advance...

--Jerry
ALL aftermarket extended warranties are scams. They take your money then they rely on the fine print to not cover items. Buy GMPP (General Motors Protection Plan) or save your money for when it breaks.

·
0 Posts
Call Fichtner Chevy. Ask for Ken, tell him you're from the Corvette Forum. Least expensive G.M. extended warranty you can buy. He makes nothing on them. He does a great service to the Corvette/GM community.

406-628-4618

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Extended warranties are nothing more than mechanical insurance policies. many statistics are calculated all of which determine that the insurance companies is more likely (much more likely) to make money off of your premiums than to lose money on payouts.

The CTS-V comes with a 4 year 50K warranty. Most mfg. defect issues have resolved themselves by then, except for of course big design issues like our differential. But many of us have gotten GM to give us extended warranties on the diff at no charge.

I've only bought an extended warranty on a refrigerator, and only because it was about 50 bucks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a GM backed 100k mile warranty from the dealer. 84 months/100k miles. Reasonably cheap (~$3k). Worth the peace of mind for me...

Skeeter

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just went to the dealer last week to find out about extended warranty. For 3 years and something around 56K miles, it was 3600!!! I would love to have the comfort, but 3600 for a warrant seems to be a bit high. If it were close to 70K miles or more years with that price, I would like that deal...but this didnt seem fair. Its like they know were going to be coming in with the problems so they put us in the highest category for warranty pricing!

·
Registered
111 Posts
They are trying to rip you off for that much money. :eek: I have it from a VERY good source that the CTS-V is a Class 6 vehicle and for 60 month/100k w/ $100 deductible, the dealer cost is $1,670. There are many dealers selling them for ~$100 over cost.
-Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, no way would I pay that much! Damn dealer!

Like I said, I bought an 8 year, 100k mile, ZERO deductable warranty for a touch over $3k. If you want, I'll dig up my paperwork and give you the exact #s.

I wouldn't touch an aftermarket warranty provider. Seen too many people burned, and WAY too much hassle. Extend through a GM warranty or not at all.

Speaking of not at all, I'm sorta thinking I should have kept the standard warranty, and when it ran out I'd have NOTHING holding me back from bolting on a Maggie, Laughing Gas, and full exhaust. Mwahahahahah! The warranty makes modding far less appealing.

Skeeter

·
Registered
04 cts-v
189 Posts
Skeeter said:
Yeah, no way would I pay that much! Damn dealer!

Like I said, I bought an 8 year, 100k mile, ZERO deductable warranty for a touch over $3k. If you want, I'll dig up my paperwork and give you the exact #s.

I wouldn't touch an aftermarket warranty provider. Seen too many people burned, and WAY too much hassle. Extend through a GM warranty or not at all.

Speaking of not at all, I'm sorta thinking I should have kept the standard warranty, and when it ran out I'd have NOTHING holding me back from bolting on a Maggie, Laughing Gas, and full exhaust. Mwahahahahah! The warranty makes modding far less appealing.

Skeeter
Take the warranty back to the dealer and see what they will give you for it.

Dam 3K for a warranty, that seems like a lot to me

1200 to 1600 is reasonible to me, depending on coverage and years and miles

JET

·
Registered
895 Posts
I paid arond $2200 for a 6/100 warranty through the dealer with zero deductable when I bought the car brand new. The more miles you have on the V, the more you'll pay.

I have had little problems for them honoring the warranty over the years (3 different cars). They did try to say an A/C mode switch wasn't covered because it is activated by me (it is in the engine bay). I argued that nothing should be covered since I activate everything when I turn the key or hit the throttle. Their boss said "It is our problem".

They are a gamble but it isn't hard to get $2200 in repairs and I had more repairs on my Grand Prix after the original warranty expired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts