Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory certified warranty on my CTS expired last year. Can anyone recommend a plan that would extend my coverage that isn't a rip off? I feel much better having coverage, but not going to pay $3000 for an extra 2 year coverage that may or may not pay out if I do have an issue.

·
Registered
2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS
184 Posts
I bought an Ensurall warranty that covers most things except environmental / emissions items.
It was about $1,200, when the dealer wanted about $1,800. It covers me for two years.
Plenty of people will tell you that the aftermarket warranties are a rip off, and perhaps some are. All I can say is that I've had to claim about $800 on it so far, and there has never been a problem with the claims. They are quick, and deal directly with the mechanic. The mechanic does have to call ahead and get the repair approved before work is done, but Ensurall has been quick to respond so far.
So I can't complain, I have about 15 months left on the warranty at this point, and feel fairly confident that they will back up their warranty to the end. I would prefer if my car didn't break down again, but if it does, I'm covered.
I'm in Canada, not sure where you are, or if they have US offices. That's my 2 cents.

----------

Sorry one last thing, the key is to read all things that are covered and NOT covered closely before you buy. The guy warned me the #1 thing people get surprised about is the package I bought doesn't cover the catalytic converter or the o2 sensor, which the sensor is a common repair. Bottom line, read the details and you'll have less of a chance of being disappointed.

·
Registered
2003 CTS, 2011 CTS Coupe
166 Posts
Just posted the same question, the only difference is I'm still under warranty, does that matter?

·
Registered
2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS
184 Posts
Well if you're still under warranty you have the option of buying more dealer extended warranty. If you don't care about paying more go for that. HOWEVER, even the dealer can make a deal from the list price, don't go with their list price. Third party warranties kick in after the dealer warranty is up. So why spend now, if you want aftermarket then wait until you're closer to the expiry of your current and then shop and compare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts