Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
EXT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With snow in the ground I'm thinking about spring...anyone hangs a screen for their rear window ? I remember seeing a guy who had one on an avalanche beofre that worked with window in or out, also a local guy selling an avalanche on Craigslist who says it has a custom rear window shade..
I'd like to be able to keep the screen in for air for the dog, keep the bugs out, shade with window in, etc...
Anyine have a lead on them ? It's only a piece of screen, the trick comes in getting a frame made to fit nicely into place..would it be silly to just go get a quote at a custom window/screen shop ?

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,122 Posts
This will not help you but I wanted to share my screen story. I made some temporary screens for the front side windows to use at an outdoor theater to keep the bugs out on a warm summer night in Wisconsin. I bought some plastic window screen and 16 magnets at a local hardware store. Hold the screen on the outside of the window with the magnets. Pull the screen snug and trim around the upper part of the door with a scissors. So I pull into the outdoor theater and park and get out and magnet on the screens in less than a minute then got back in and rolled the windows down. The car next to me hollers over, "Wow, those are great, you should make them and sell them." The movies are over and you roll up the windows, pop off the magnets and put a rubber band on the rolled up screens til next time.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I have one in my area but I don't know if it's still business since the digital projection changeover
I may go to someday and see if it still going as I have wanted to go to a drivein theater

1 - 10 of 10 Posts