Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any real life feed back on a 02 or 03 EXT. I've read all the reviews, unfortunately they are all based on very short seat time. Although, the only bad thing I've read is the gas mileage, which doesn't bother me. If you have a 5500lb truck what do you expect.
As soon as my 2000 DeVille is repaired it is gone. Front end smash up. My previous 7 vehicles were full size 4x4 pickups, and I miss them now especially with this jerky winter in NJ. Thanks for any info, Mike...

·
Registered
Cadillac EXT - 2002
19 Posts
I have a '02 EXT, got it in April '08 with around 60K miles on it, now it has a little over 92K.

When I got it I was moving up to Calgary Canada, for work so I also got TONS of hours of driving in the snow / blizzards.

Really the only problems I have ever found are self induced, aside from some minor body alignment issues, which I blame on the previous driver. (I think my truck had a front end fender bender some time in its history nothing serious other than body work it looks like)

Anyway on the snow& ice the AWD and Stabilitrac are KING!
Unless you want to do a drift, donut, power slide, or some other stunt the Stabilitrac gives you insane amount of confidence.
Even with Stabilitrac disabled it won’t let you really do much in the way of sliding around in the ice.

I drove to my Parents place for Christmas last year, they live in Oregon, I was in Calgary. The drive was a bit over 1000 miles, went through Alberta, Idaho, Washington, then Oregon, during the 100 yr winter snow storm they had last winter.
For the trip I took 17 hours including stops, I averaged 63 mph for the whole trip.
Which is insane when you think about it, but it was mainly night driving, so there were no cars on the road, and I had a radar detector.

There was a point on Interstate 84 that there was not a single vehicle in either direction, all the semis were pulled to the side of the road, with a fresh layer of 6-8 inch deep powdery snow, with all 3 lanes to myself I was driving at 80+ MPH. The most fun I have ever had driving in my entire life, other than not being able to slow down there was nothing the truck wouldn’t do.

Now I moved down to Houston TX, moved there with my truck fully loaded (no trailer) for the 3500 mile drive excluding the time I stayed with family it took 5 days to drive that. No issues no problems.

Only complaints I have are with the Front Differential, it is a little picky and needs maintenance all the time, but if you change fluids on it regularly it should be fine.

Repairs I have made aside from upgrades and maintenance, since I bought the truck:
-New Brake Pads in rear
-Leaking seal in Front Differential

Not that long of a list…

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
85 Posts
My 05, 6.0L, V8, AWD is the best no snow here in Houston Texas but man does it flood. This morning on the way in everyone was driving slow, not me I did 75 all the way in without a single problem.

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
I have had my license for only 5 years and have owned nearly 15 cars. I used to go through cars every 3-4 months (whenever the title came in, I would get sick of it and put it up for sale). I have now owned my EXT for over a year and it is the best car I have ever driven. Its AWD so you don't have to worry about switching 4wd hi and lo. I live in NY so we get our fair share of snow, usually 5-8 bad storms a year. My EXT has no trouble what so ever! The only problems I have had in the past year is a serpentine belt replacement and the air ride compressor crapped out ($179 for a new compressor and $30 for new belt). Other than that I keep up with preventative maintenance like changing the diff, transfer case and tranny fluids. Synthetic oil changes every 3k miles. Always starts right up, no problem.

I would get an 03+ EXT. The 02's do not have the HID headlights, REALY ugly seats, no optional navigation, aluminum finish wheels, etc. Just cosmetic stuff, but remember the 02 was the first EXT ever made so it will have its fair share of glitches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts