Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to do some body work (dent on the QP) and since it was rather close the tailgate, it was going to have to be blended, so why not shave the rear emblem holes! While doing that, I bought 2 -$6 cans of SEM trim paint and painted the bed covers and step pads. Also painted the rear camera to match.

comments please..... should i tint the tails? paint of course, not film.....

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Hey its looks very nice and clean! :) Hope that paint holds up though ...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks good Lux.

Question, why did you take the emblem off the back? Are you going to do that all the way around?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good Lux.

Question, why did you take the emblem off the back? Are you going to do that all the way around?
yes sir, already took it off the E&G vertical grill, all i have left is the front doors

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
I am just wondering why you want to take off all the emblems and name plates, etc. Is it just a personal preference?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
personal preference i guess.... any other opinions? i had to take em off to paint that panel, i guess i could always put em back on.... no to mention the caddy emblem was faded to shit, i would need a new one.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks! I'm very happy, so far 2 washes + 3 work days (i stack the covers while working) and no problems with the paint.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update a month and 1/2 later..... still looking just as good as the day i painted them!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Theres a semi-gloss version and a flat version..... make sure you get the flat version

also the side steps look confusing....but they're easy to take off i promise.... there's 2 plastic rivets on each end (4 total) and 7 - 10mm bolts holding each side step on.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i went with the pyle night vision reverse camera....

to paint the plastic just scuff is with grey scuff pads and some SEM "scuff and clean" and a spray bottle of water .... then dry it and clean it with some simple green ... dry it out and paint it...

·
Registered
'03 EXT and '04 CTS
75 Posts
I like the post - I've been wondering what to do about my faded bed covers. I rubed them down with some F-21 Protectant (knowning that it'd run all over the paint when I wash it) but even that didn't really do the job as it was kind of blotchy. I thought about having a body shop paint them but I'm going to try your method first, thanks for the great idea!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It has worked great! I was going to paint em to match, but I use the bed everyday single day so i would scratch the shit outta it. Plus when im working I dont have time to make sure I stack the covers carefully without scratching them. You'll be very happy, I promise. Also I forgot to add.... make sure you use some SEM or PPG prep solvent to remove any silicon left behind by the protectant.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts