Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade EXT 2004
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, and thanks for the advice in advance! I have an ext 2004 that has a broken left front shock absorber. I ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000NSJBDG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1434466135&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=540-74&dpPl=1&dpID=21QXLKxb07L&ref=plSrchthis from Amazon due to the electrical one being very much out of my budget.
I have two questions: will it affect my ride other than being a little bit rough to drive than the auto ride system? And how to bypass the service ride control? I should also mention that the electrical connector for shock absorber is broken(doesn't lock in by twisting it into place).

Thanks!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The oem shocks are made by Monroe

You can get them on Amazon cheaper then the dealer
The one you linked is a passive shock and will change how your truck rides

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oem shocks are made by Monroe

You can get them on Amazon cheaper then the dealer
The one you linked is a passive shock and will change how your truck rides
I saw the Monroe one but as a student, it's still way out of budget for me at the moment. Will I be able to drive my caddy in the meantime though?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
If it's not leaking then it should be ok to drive with it like that
It may not ride as smooth but it's better then a passive shock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a problem where I have to refill power steering fluid every two weeks and there's leakage on the left shock which I couldn't determine whether it was from the power steering or the shock itself leaking out so I went on to replace it.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
GIINOVA said:
I have a problem where I have to refill power steering fluid every two weeks and there's leakage on the left shock which I couldn't determine whether it was from the power steering or the shock itself leaking out so I went on to replace it.
Does the power steering pump whine or moan?

If ether then it's likely low(due to the leak) if it fails completely it will render the power steering and brake booster unusable (nether is fun)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts