Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 ATS Coupe.

When I press my express window buttons my windows do not go down all the way..........there is about an 1/8 inch of window showing.

I press the window button again and the windows go all the way down.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Sure is: http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?s=ats&search=Search and scroll down to see photos.

New Soft Stop Plus Door Glass Operation
August 21, 2014
The 2015 ATS coupe (Fig. 3) has a new door glass feature called Soft Stop Plus. Designed to improve door closing vibration and sound quality, the Soft Stop Plus feature allows more glass engagement to the belt line seals on door closing.

Soft Stop Plus operation is different than previous door glass operation. Express down and supervised down (holding the window switch) will both stop the glass above the belt line. (Fig. 4) The second express or supervised switch command will lower the glass below the belt line. (Fig. 5) The Comfort Open feature (pressing and holding the Unlock button on the key fob to open all windows from outside the vehicle) will stop the glass above the belt line. The window operation is the same regardless if the door is opened or closed.

TIP: The door glass will go to the full down position below the belt line every 50 cycles of the window switch to recalibrate.

It is important to remember that the door glass stopping above the belt line seals is normal. Do not replace the window regulator or adjust the glass to change this feature. There may be small differences in the glass height above the belt line when comparing the left and right sides of the vehicle. Some variation of the height also is influenced by weather and temperature conditions, which is normal and should not be adjusted.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
hmm i think im still missing the point of this feature.

also is it possible to program the 13 models to do the window down on keyfob press and hold?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Don my take is on the coupe is if the window is down all the way and you close the door it moves enough to give a rattle because its larger piece than the sedan. With the glass up some it holds it in place.

Can't answer the other but based on everything else I've seen they don't support upgrading older MY with new features even if they could e.g. Intel-a-beam and cluster update that allows the sport mode to stick and not default back to touring after shut down. This may also be tied to the new key fob witch is not backward compatible.

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GJB,

Thanks for the link. It was very informative.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
You are welcome..It's a great link just put ATS in the search and there is lots of neat info. Are you still AD? I'm retired Army.

·
Registered
'14 BMW 328xi
320 Posts
2015 ATS Coupe.

When I press my express window buttons my windows do not go down all the way..........there is about an 1/8 inch of window showing.

I press the window button again and the windows go all the way down.

Is this normal?

Thanks.
Interesting feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts