Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0t Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I'm the proud owner of an ATS in Belgium, Europe - a very rare car here, Bentleys are more common :)
It's a black diamond 2.0t Premium with all options included.

Since I got the car about a year ago, the exit lighting simply never worked. Whatever the setting (off-15sec-30sec-->2min) for the exit lighting option, all the exterior lights simply go off the moment I stop the ignition and the car is pitch dark except for the internal dome light.

It is actually my fifth Cadillac (after '99 STS, a '03 CTS, an '05 STS and an '09 CTS :) ) and on all my previous cars the exit lighting simply worked. I also had several CUE updates and am up to date. It never made any difference.

Did anyone have this problem ? Is there an easy fix or is it a config problem ? Is there something I need to do in order to make them switch on before exiting the car ? I also had this weird thing with the automatic folding mirror feature that appeared after a cue update. It works fine but I found out by accident how to use it : simply keep the lock- of unlock-key of the remote pressed and they fold or unfold as you lock or unlock the car.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Belgium !

Dirk

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
awesome job having a rare car in ur area. thats the best kind of car.
regarding the lighting, do the lights turn on if u open the car with the keyfob from a distance? i dont know what the issue could be but that test might give u more insight possibly.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,854 Posts
With your CUE display mode set to "Auto" does the CUE screen respond properly to changing light to dark conditions? I believe it gets its feedback from the same ambient light sensor that controls exit lighting and I wonder if the sensor is reporting it is always bright? Exit lighting is disabled when there is plenty of ambient light.

If the CUE screen responds properly to light then I don't have any other ideas and in any case it sounds like dealer service time.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
I also had this weird thing with the automatic folding mirror feature that appeared after a cue update. It works fine but I found out by accident how to use it : simply keep the lock- of unlock-key of the remote pressed and they fold or unfold as you lock or unlock the car.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Belgium !

Dirk

I did not know you could get the ATS with folding mirrors?

Anyway, do you have your headlights set for auto? Based on the manual excerpt below that's all I can think of because you seem to have it set properly in the CUE. I just recently set mine from timed exit to off because the AFL are making a grinding noise during their start up dance.

Exit Lighting
The headlamps, taillamps, parking
lamps, back-up lamps, outside
mirror lamps, license plate lamps,
and exterior door handle lamps
come on at night, or in areas with
limited lighting, when a door is
opened after the ignition is turned
off. The dome lamp comes on after
the ignition is changed to the OFF
position. The exterior lamps and
dome lamp remain on after the door
is closed for a set amount of time,
then automatically turn off.
The exterior lamps turn off
immediately by turning the exterior
lamp control off.
This feature can be changed. See
Vehicle Personalization on
page 5‑41.
Battery

·
Registered
ATS 2.0t Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi donavo, yes indeed they do work normally under all conditions. Only when exiting they are off.

----------

yes it does, the sensor seems to work fine.

----------

The problem is my dealer has no clue - for the moment. They tried with other ATSes and it seems to be the same on others. So it might be something stupid we do wrong or oversee ?

----------

The folding mirror option did not exist and 'appeared' after a CUE update somewhere in january '14.
You can find it under
Settings - Vehicle - Comfort and convenience - Auto Mirror Folding :)
To use:
-remote Lock key: keep pressed when locking the car to fold the mirrors
-remote Unlock key: keep pressen when unlocking to unfold the mirrors

I have the headlights always set to AUTO.

----------

FOUND IT :)

My dealer told me that on BMW's it only works when you turn on the high beam when exiting the car. I did experiment a little and indeed, it works !
What I have to do on exiting the car:
-turn ignition OFF
-open the door (this seems to be the key)
-pull the turn-lever (what you guys call so nicely 'flash to pass')
-get out and close the door

and DRL + headlights will be ON for the time set.

Could be that this is different from the US-version of the car of course, but also my manual is a translation of what you guys got.

Happy I can see again in the dark :)

Thanks to all for the help,
Dirk

·
2014 CTS
2014 CTS Premium 2.0t
67 Posts
I'll try this today, I have a 14 CTS, in Europe as well, and had the same problem... It would be nice if it worked :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts