Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my car runnin finally and took it out for a nice run to get the dust off the car...in third or forth after 3K rpm, Tc kicks in and in a blink of an eye i have the speedo pinned in KM mode...

I have noticed i have a misfire, but that could be from the cheap MSD wires...

Anyways, i have a loud exhaust, at idle, low rpm, and high rpm...If i cruise at about 100mph in 6th gear it calms down....

Now i am runnin Kooks 1 7/8 headers to 3" collectors, then to 3" cats that exit with a 2.5" angle.

I then have a Magnaflow X-pipe and two Aero Resonators connected to my Ti Corsa Exhaust...

I have a couple thoughts how to quiet this beast, but i dont wanna pull the trigger if no one here has tried it yet..

I could go with two of the new Dynomax VT to Kooks X-pipe for the vette, or get a dual straight through muffler to the same x-pipe...

I had three conversations with Kooks, Stainless and American racing headers and they all say the magnaflow x-pipe is ok, but the gases shouldnt pass over each other for best performance and noise reduction...

Now i did my homework, and am gonna have the following issues...

If i go with the VT system, they only have it where i can have it either both sides oposite of eachother, or offset on the inlet and center on the outlet...

Presently my exhaust is 31.5cm from center of the cat outlets...But they are angled inwards slightly...If i were to use the center outlet VTs, they will have me at about 44cm apart where i will have to route the exhaust 33.8 towards the center to match up with the corsa catback. And all this in less than 77.5cm length

My other option is to use a dual inlet straight through glass packed exhaust to the kooks x-pipe and then to the catback which will be easier for me since the pipes centerline will be about 10cm...

The mufflers are about 100$ a pop with shippin and i scored the kooks x-pipe resonably cheap compared to ebay/summit or even Jegs prices..

Advice guys????

1 - 1 of 1 Posts