Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the stock sound of my escalade. I don't want a monster truck sound. What kit are you guys running for a catback system that gives you better performance and sound quality?

·
Registered
2009 ESCALADE
141 Posts
corsa sport..just installed on mine..cat back...more hp and sounds great but only when you want it to..quiet for long rides and highway but nasty if you hit it...took me about 6 months to decide and research..was that or b&b in the end..but B&B is to loud inside the truck for me

·
Registered
2009 ESCALADE
141 Posts
i believe corsa sport was 980$ shipped..i know it was 1080$ installed---- and header i thought would make it louder..

·
Registered
2007 EXT
504 Posts
Yes headers will make it louder. That's why you go with the Corsa touring with the headers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Question,

All these new catbacks have an intermidiate pipe of 3" while our stock ones have a 3.5..Wouldnt it be better just to change the muffler and retain out 3.5"???

I am lookin for a perfomance exhaust that is a little about the sound of the stock. My cam makes my exhaust sould loud now, and i am not goin with corsa at all...Tried it three times and i am not goin back any more....

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade EXT
33 Posts
Has anyone tried the the OEM stuff? I know GM has a performance and touring system for around the same price. I just like staying with OEM products.

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
266 Posts
I have a used corsa sport cat back system for sale with about 6500 miles on it PM me if anyone is looking for one.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
What cam are you using? What kind of HP and torque? Sorry for the hijack. I have used Magnaflow on my Suburban and had no cabin drone .
I have a 216 228 with a 114 lsa and 500 lift...I have AFM on my truck, so i limited lift to 500 at the valves

Currently pushing 420/400 at the wheels

Am talkin with a sales guy to get a better cam with more LSA, maybe a 224/236 but again with only 500 lift

Has anyone tried the the OEM stuff? I know GM has a performance and touring system for around the same price. I just like staying with OEM products.
My friend has one, but its too loud for me. In and outside....He loves it and thats more important

also do you have to retune the ECM with the new headers and exhaust or does it run fine on stock program?
I didnt tune at first, but my mileage was garbage, 1 3/4" kooks with cats and a 3.5" flang...Now its very decent...But i would like to see more...I am between 15-25mpg. And i love it when i am pullin my 4,000lb boat and it drops into 4 cylinder mode...

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade EXT
33 Posts
The OEM performance exhaust is too loud? It's louder than Corsa? Thats disappointing. Last thing I want is extra noise in the cabin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts