Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I saw those in other posts. I like the oval ones instead of the round ones. And $20.00 U.S to ship from Ontario to Ontario. I have an online company here in Canada and know that i can ship them from Ontario to Ontario for about $8.00 Can expedited.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
I believe that will fit but I can't remember the diameter of the exhaust pipe and I'm too lazy to go check. Just measure the diameter of your tailpipe (when it's cool) and if it's 2 1/4 to 2 1/2", the ad copy says it will fit. Also check the size of the cutout in the bumper...that oval tip is 5" wide. Good luck.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
The exhaust tips from Edelbrock appear to be made from single walled cold rolled steel and then chrome plated. In addition, you'll incur the additional costs of having to have them professionally as they need to be welded, unless your proficient at welding.

The only caution with these tips is that they are rolled steel and chrome plated which given there low cost is an almost "guarantee" that they will soon begin to oxidize, rust and you'll incur problems with the chrome plating beginning to pit.

Regardless of whether you look for a round or oval type exhaust tip; I would suggest that you find an exhaust tip that is "double walled" in its construction and manufactured from polished stainless steel.

Most CTS owners that stay with the OEM exhaust system and install "aftermarket" exhaust tips have purchased them from a company called "E&G" and have been more than satisfied. They are a double walled, mirror polished stainless steel exhaust tip that you install yourself in about 10 minutes.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know if that company has a website or where I can buy them?

Most CTS owners that stay with the OEM exhaust system and install "aftermarket" exhaust tips have purchased them from a company called "E&G" and have been more than satisfied. They are a double walled, mirror polished stainless steel exhaust tip that you install yourself in about 10 minutes.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
You can find the E&G exhaust tips on ebay.

MSRP is approximately $100 for a set which of course no one pays. Jobber prices are approximately $89.00 plus shipping and are available at that price from a variety of automotive/parts resellers.

They can also be found on ebay for $89.00 plus shipping and are well worth the few extra dollars for a top notch product.

A bit of background on E&G: they are a quality OEM manufacturer of aftermarket appearance and styling products for a variety of automotive manufactures such as GM, Chrysler and Ford.

E&G is also the manufacturer of a majority of the appearance and restyling products sold by "Vogue" specifically for Cadillac.

You'll find that the E&G tips are constructed of very high quality double walled stainless steel that is mirror polished to a chrome like finish. They simply slide over the existing muffler tips with a bit of twisting and pushing. Once into place, they torque down and are locked into place with a set of supplied stainless steel machine screws and lock washers.

I had an extra new set in the box that I sold to KBevere for $50 and you are welcome to ask him what he thinks of the quality as well as anyone that has installed anything from E&G.

Like I said, there are simply no disappoints when you buy an E&G product. Their exhaust tips, grills and restyling components are just top notch with regard to fit, finish and quality.

Good Luck and feel free to ask any additional questions.

PS: below is an attached link to a "Buy It Now" set that is on ebay from US Speed for $89.00 plus $10.00 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-Polished-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Tips-E-G_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33633QQihZ009QQitemZ190146125442QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If you miss this particular set and the auction closes; here is their website: http://www.usspeedonline.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts