Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stealth Gray CTS 3.6VVT 6MT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a decently loud rattle coming from my exhaust.
It sounded at first like a loose heat shield but after getting under the car there's nothing visibly loose. If I bang on the passenger side of the exhaust it almost sounds as if there's something in the cat rattling around. Anything else I should look for before I take it into the dealer (or start taking things apart)

hasn't thrown any codes, drives just fine, just sounds like a junker!

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
If you have warranty, take it in. I had a bad flex joint on mine with no warranty. i took it to Midas and they had to weld in a new flex joint, $160.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
254 Posts
Mine was a braket that is basicly under the front seats. It holds the heat sheilds together, between the two pipes. It is a very inexpensive part and it is only two bolts

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
could also be a chunk of the car rattling around.
if so you will get a light on in a few days.

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
Mine was a braket that is basicly under the front seats. It holds the heat sheilds together, between the two pipes. It is a very inexpensive part and it is only two bolts
Where exactly? Did the sound sound like it was coming from under you wen you had the door open? Ive had a rattle there for a year and have gotten used to it and never bothered to fix it but if its cheap and expensive.. sure! Its a low rattling sound you hear when accelerating from a stop. once the car gets moving and the engine gets louder, you cant hear the sound. Is this the same thing u were experiencing before you fixed it?

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
I seem to be experiencing the same type of problem. When ever I start the car and it is idling there is a very loud rattling noise coming from under the car. When I press the gas or I am driving the rattling noise goes away. It is only present when the vehicle is idling. I have a 2003 CTS. I though that it might be the Catalytic Converter but I am not sure. If it is do you guys know where I can find one? I tried searching online and couldn't find anyplace that sold them.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts