Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Coupe Deville
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the above with reasonable postage to the UK.

I tried Rockauto but they want $40 shipping on a $8 part...
I know the postage CAN be reasonable. I bough a hood ornament last week from a guy in CA and the postage to the UK was only $6.50. I can't imagine gaskets weighing more ;)

·
Registered
1965 Sedan, 1969 convertible, 71 Fleetwood, 74 Coupe
77 Posts
The joys of running a cadillac in the UK,
I have a 65 Sedan Deville, i am in sussex.
Most of my parts come from e-bay, i do use rockauto a lot, but like you say, there shipping prices are sometimes high.
I have used usapartssupply in the states,
I also use usautomotive and ocw in this country.
Hope this helps
David

·
Registered
1970 calais coupe
346 Posts
I can sympathise here with you guys....as you can imagine, postage to Australia is no cheaper... ;)

things we cope with in the name of Cadillac ownership....

must be a blast driving yer land yachts in the sea of micro cars that is the UK....

...talk about road presence!

·
Registered
1983 Coupe Deville
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The joys of running a cadillac in the UK,
I have a 65 Sedan Deville, i am in sussex.
Most of my parts come from e-bay, i do use rockauto a lot, but like you say, there shipping prices are sometimes high.
I have used usapartssupply in the states,
I also use usautomotive and ocw in this country.
Hope this helps
David
Hi David, thanks for that.
I have also found DB motors in Leicester. They seem to scrap quite a lot of USA cars in the UK.

·
Registered
1983 Coupe Deville
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can sympathise here with you guys....as you can imagine, postage to Australia is no cheaper... ;)

things we cope with in the name of Cadillac ownership....

must be a blast driving yer land yachts in the sea of micro cars that is the UK....

...talk about road presence!
Oh yes, it's a great feeling pulling up to a traffic/stop light along side a Nissan poopie or whatever the're called, with the front aligned, looking to the side to find that my driver's seat is level with their rear bumber :)

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
^You find that with most cars.

If you still have the originals, try taking the gaskets to a machine shop. Any sheet metal should withstand the exhaust temperatures and I would think a machine shop would have something that can punch 4 square holes, and the bolt holes can be drilled out. Might cost less than shipping.

·
Registered
1983 Coupe Deville
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^You find that with most cars.

If you still have the originals, try taking the gaskets to a machine shop. Any sheet metal should withstand the exhaust temperatures and I would think a machine shop would have something that can punch 4 square holes, and the bolt holes can be drilled out. Might cost less than shipping.
Thanks Sven, I've managed to find them locally :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts