Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The B&B exhaust is to intimidating and scaring away everyone.

In the last 2 days there has been a Rustang 5.0 and a CLK55 AMG that were scared away. I guess I should be happy.

Yesterday I left my office for lunch and some sanity. I was on a local 4 lane wide road with no one in sight. I'm at the light and Mr.5.0 Rustang pulls up next to me with his autometer guage and shift light mounted in clear sight.
So, I'm like it's on ..
I look over at him and make sure I'm in Competition Mode, and he gives me a look. Now, I know his car will get blown a way by the V, but after seeing the shift light I'm thinking this guy might have something .
Great, I'm ready! The light was about to change and I don't here him bringing up the revs. I looked over again and pointed to the light, and said" it;s green are you gonna go?"
He rolled out 2 mph like he was in a 4cyl rustang.
I was :annoyed: ..

Tonight I pulled up to MR. CLK 55 AMG. So I get a Boner, and get ready for some action!:lildevil:
I look at him he sees me, and as the light is about to change he is starting to roll out slowly. I'm ready!

He pulled out slow and so did I. He wasn't pushing it so I went by him slowly, but ready incase he hit it. NO good.
Now I'm :banghead: .. C'mon I want to destroy something of value and leave people like ,:wtf: was that. Hurricane cadillac!!

So at the next light I break the ice as usual. I said" CLK55 AMG, you have good taste!"
He said," thanks, how do you like the cts?" I replied," I'm luv'n it"
I said' How fast is your car?" He said," It's pretty fast."
At that point my reply was a very abrubt blip of the throttle. His face was like:bonkers: , He said" :wtf: is in that thing it sounds like a monster?"
I told him it was a special caddy with a Vette engine, I should of said nothing .. I know, I know, I couldn't help it.

He asked me, " when the light changes are you going for it?" I said "Yep. So are you"
First gear it was over he let up:want: . I spun nice and had a great launch and pulled out hard, as I hit second he was 2 cars back.
Next light, He was like" I need an exhaust, your car sounds sick. I shut down after I saw the way you pulled out and heard that engine roaring." I laughed and told him, "thanks for a great descrpition". He was totally taken back by the exhaust.:worship: He said he's going to go and get one now, after hearing mine.
I gave him a :thumbsup: , and he replied :thumbsup:..

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Will:

Still up to your old tricks. I thought you were going to bring it to Englishtown--then you know someone is going to run against you (and you don't have to worry about cops).

I took the B&B off mine and I'm going to put the OEM wheels back on (after having them refinished). Pretty soon it will be stock--except for the TPIS headers--and I'll just use it as daily driver.

(Have any interest in 4 Mille Miglia wheels and 4 Hoosier race slicks with only 30 minutes of track time?)

By December or January, the Z06 will be here. I assume you'll be back to Lime Rock, Pocono, the Glen etc. I'll see you there.

Take care.

Steve

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know me Steve :sneaky:!
I look for trouble! :stirpot:

I still want to do Englishtown, JUst have been limited on time. Business must come before pleasure. Otherwise I will not be able to afford the V!
Nice to hear from you, and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
191 Posts
will
have you been behind the V at 4-7k, its intimidating, especialy
with the headers, i get it all the time, it doesn't sound that loud
from inside the car. i tried to call you, but didint leave message.
later
Tom

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom, I got your message but have been real busy. I will give you a call soon. Are you interested in taking the cars to Englishtown on a Friday night for a few drag races?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Do like i did, i took off the Xpipe and put on resonator.. it quited it down alot.. a whole lot.. i lost no power from what i could tell, i actually think it helped spome with the maggie, as far as backpressure.. but something to think on..
I was having same problem.. since i did that change,, i have had 20 plus races..lol or do what i did one night.. i covered my V symbols.. Had some old Truck DATSUN symbols.. what a laugh.. me and a friend of mine laugherd so fkn hard.. you should have seen the stares... you could read there mouths.. " DATSUN'??????? lmao... we do crazy thoings like that.. of course alot of ppl that knows cars they know it was bs, but ppl that dont it is funny.... we still do it time to time.. chnage up on the emblems.. since my V is black, black eletrcical tapeworks perfect...
wait till you try it... i promise you will laugh so hard you can hardly drive..
ive use saab, VW, skyline, dodge, even a tauris emblem..
talk about double looks.. but if they get behind you, or in front and see the grill, party is over..lol

later blitzer

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great stuff Blitzer, Maybe I'll use a PRIUS Emblem!
They will probably get more inquiries I'm sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts