Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

How is everyone today?

Anyways i have a question, i am going to go basically all out on the bolt-ons leaving the stock short block alone.

I am going to install the following on the engine

90mm throttlebody
FAST 90
High volume oil pump
Cold air intake
GM High combustion, high flow Heads Pn 88958622
Harrop rockers
and a wicked cam.

Should i go with Kooks 1 7/8 headers or stainless 1 3/4 headers? (The price is about the same)

The catback will be from Stainless, 3" all the way...

I am also going with an Exedy double disk clutch, with spacer, Kars' traction package with 3.55 final drive, along with Hotchkins sway bars and Specter body kit...(Nice little teaser...I will also redo the seats to black with tan centers...)

Let me know which aught to be better, the 1 7/8 or the 1 3/4

Thank you for your time

Naf

·
Registered
2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V
128 Posts
if you go with the koks you better get ready to do some mods with a 3" exhaust. i had a B&B Exhaust the was 3" and got the kooks headers....i had to do some major modifiing cause they don't match up!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
1-3/4 without a supercharger and 1-7/8 with ... that's what I've heard.

You're kinda inbetween, so don't which is "best" given TB, intake, and H&C.

All out with bolt-ons? Where's your maggie?

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Wow, are heads considered a bolton now?

I'm unfamilliar with those heads. Id recommend some research over on LS1TECH regarding head/cam choice, if you haven't done that already. Some AFR 205's might do well on a stock cubed motor :D.

I would also consder swapping out the entire valve train if you are going to this level
Hardeded pushrods
Caddy or LS7 lifters
upgraded springs (go with PRC/Patriot gold dual or Comp 921's, due to the reported issues with the Comp 918's)
I also seem to recall somewhere that people were using the LS4 oil pump due to increased flow over LS6 (LS4 is the smaller GenIV V* in the FWD applications, like Monte Carlo).

Do your research and have fun,

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
I have the same heads. People over at ls1 tech were surprised at how well they flow when the numbers were posted by an independent. with these heads being milled cam choice is critical to maintain a good piston to valve clearence. I am in the process of choosing the right cam for these heads.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
I would go with the 1 3/4. Big cubes or forced induction could take advantate of the larger pipes. You can loose some power if the header diameter is too large.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
really....
are the questions you ask almost daily here (while never having been a supporter, ever) better answered there? i'm happy to remedy that situation.

I was thinking the same thing. Damn you beat me to it.:stirpot:
badaboom badabing :highfive:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW, what a line of responses...

Normally i am use to LS1.com when i use to have my 2006 Caprice SS (Its sittin in the scrap yard now), but since i am dealing with a CTS-v i thought i would ask people in this site...I have had some hits, but the others i dont, i just surf your archive and i end up finding my answers...

But thanks...I did check my numbers and my cam will fit comfy with these heads, i just have to check my pushrod length. the heads are 0.055" shorter...(I do consider heads a bolt on now for it increases the effeicency of the engine drawin air into the cylinders...Thus the purpose of Bolt ons...)

Obviously i am changin the springs to Crane cams and titanium retainers...But the lifters didnt think of it...Will look into the ls7s...

For the tune, i am at the mercy of my local dynoshop...I am in Kuwait...And i learnt that tunes via the email just dont work.

Again thanx to all of you for your responses, i will go for the 1 3/4 headers and 3" cat-back...

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
"Maggie" = Affectionate term applied to the Magnuson MP-112 supercharger, one of the few (if not only) available for the LS6 and recently available for the LS2. It produces anywhere from 100 up to about 160 or more additional hp depending on tune, pulley, and other mods.

It's as much as a "bolt on" as headers, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

OUCH!

I was just commenting, that for technical LSx internal engine inquiries, that other forum is a very good resource.

No dis to the Caddy Forums. This place is invaluable for CTS-V related stuff, which is why I've been a supporter for 3 years.

Don't UrBANski me :D

-Chris

EDIT: HOLY Crap, just going through the other threads relating to 04CTSVFLA. Seriously don't ban me :D.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
...I am in Kuwait...And i learnt that tunes via the email just dont work.

QUOTE]

V's all over the world... How did you get the V over there?
I hope you have it fully amored, JK

·
Registered
04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)
370 Posts
I have a complete Billy Boat Exhaust for sale if interested. Comes with both the touring set up and X-over set up. 36k on the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...I am in Kuwait...And i learnt that tunes via the email just dont work.

QUOTE]

V's all over the world... How did you get the V over there?
I hope you have it fully amored, JK

To be honest this praticular V is US Specs...It was a dealer to dealer purchase, put on a ship and brought over here....As for the Up armour, to be honest i need a roll cage more than that...Its ver peaceful country except on the roads...Its MAD MAX out there, i have seen many cars split in two, mangled beyond recognition, and in places that have Physics baffled...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts