Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 CTS-V, 14 Z/28
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since GM decided not to let us have manual control of the flaps like the Corvette and Camaro, does anyone know of a controller that I can use to open up the flaps so it'll be loud while still in touring mode?

·
Registered
ATS-V Sedan (correct number of pedals)
1,258 Posts
On the ATS-Vs you can unplug the harness from the valves and they stay open all the time. I'd imagine it would be the same on the CTS-Vs. I run mine like that and it sounds great.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
Now that people have owned CTS V Gen III for a while I wonder if anyone located the fuse that runs the exhaust flaps?

On my 2007 Z06, you could simply mount a switch off of a Busman "add-a -circuit" device. I wanted to do something more elegant is why I ask. Is there such a thing as a shop manual and I wiring schematic that shows where the flaps get their power?

I just had to ask!

Richard

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Dashlogic has a cool controller for the C7s that allow you to use the power mirror L/R switch to control the exhaust flaps:
http://www.dashlogic.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

Back in Sept I asked them about a version for the gen 3 cts-v and they said it will most likely come in the near future. MY17 cts-v owners have that ability built in to their cue system under Driver Mode settings. Cadillac says MY16 owners won't be getting an update for this even though it is listed in our owners manual :( We are also missing the ability to control steering and suspension like the MY17 owners can.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did the option of loud at start up but am unconvinced that it stays there throughout the rev range (I mean flaps open).

I'll have to play with it numerous ways, perhaps unplugging the connector at the operator on each side. . With the 07 Z06 flaps you definitely knew the difference between open always and not.

Richard

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Is it true for the 2017 V's, you actually get the exhaust control feature like in the Vette and Camaro? Or was this just a rumor?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2016 CTS-V
283 Posts
Guys after looking through my owners manual I came across the fuse box diagrams. I notice that the fuse box in the truck has a fuse labeled exhaust valaves. Its located on the drivers side, above the battery cover, on the side wall you see a 4"x 8" panel that has a knob. It has a 2" flat piece of plastic used as the latch mechanism for this panel to stay secured. Open that panel, you'll need a flashlite, on the inside of the cover/panel you removed should be your fuse box diagram, if not look at Pg# 303-304 in your owners manual. Locate fuse #41, its a 1"x 1" Lite Grey box. Pull that fuse and your flaps will stay open full time! I just performed this on my 2016 CTS-V and went through the modes and notice that the valves stayed open even when touring was selected. I can't drive V due to the rain we having due hurricane Harvey, but while switch mods and reving my V the exhaust tone remained constant (MEAN) and sporty. Give this a try before you spend money on a wild to mild switch assembly like the corvettes have. I can't believe nobody tried this!

just bored with the rain coming down!

Mike

·
Registered
370 Posts
I tried unplugging this relay--Grey in space #41 as well as the fuse marked CTS V exhaust according to my fuse schedule and it made no difference. I unplugged the connector at each flap and at each test, I used my audio decibel meter to see if I got a change (I didn't).
This car is wired different than my 2007 Z06.

Richard

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2016 CTS-V
283 Posts
Richard

When you stab the throttle do your hear the change in exhaust note? Does the exhaust note change back to quiet when you decelerate or drive normal? With just the grey box fused pulled you should notice the exhaust note upon engine start to be aggressive and not change to a mellow tone as the engine retunes to idle rpm's. I had an 08 Zo6 and just used the Mild to Wild switch mod to get the exhaust note needed on the fly.

Mike

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for answering.

I indeed did unplug the gray relay and with this removal and every other fuse that was labelled exhaust in the fusebox. To be scientific, I used my decibel meter and noticed no change whether it's plugged in or not.

I do have it set to the sport setting so I get it loud when cold but it automatically closes back down at idle after a minute or so. It's kind of odd if you ask me. I had it easy with my 2007 Z06 flaps but not on this car.

If only I could simply pull the connector like someone said worked on an ATS V but it doesnt work either on my 2017 --rats!

Richard

Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts