Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else has the famous exhaust Flapper CHIRP?

EVERYTIME I get off the gas and coast, then apply just a touch of gas. CHIRP!
I rode with the So Cal field engineer last week. He said it's a defective "Flapper valve" in the back section of the exhaust system. It's to help quiet down the V4 noises.

So hears the strange thing. GM knows of the problem. It's common. But I can not get our So Cal Rep to authorize the replacement???

Every single time the gas is applied it chirps. It's so Annoying! Have opened a case with GM direct, but they keep saying they can only communicate with the field engineer. (Who acknowledged its faulty. But will not replace it)

IF YOUR IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW SUV, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BUY A NEW GENERAL MOTORS PRODUCT. THIS IS THE KIND OF SERVICE YOU SHOULD ALSO EXPECT. $85,000.00 doesn't buy a quality product with this company!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
TOBTEK said:
Who else has the famous exhaust Flapper CHIRP? EVERYTIME I get off the gas and coast, then apply just a touch of gas. CHIRP! I rode with the So Cal field engineer last week. He said it's a defective "Flapper valve" in the back section of the exhaust system. It's to help quiet down the V4 noises. So hears the strange thing. GM knows of the problem. It's common. But I can not get our So Cal Rep to authorize the replacement??? Every single time the gas is applied it chirps. It's so Annoying! Have opened a case with GM direct, but they keep saying they can only communicate with the field engineer. (Who acknowledged its faulty. But will not replace it) IF YOUR IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW SUV, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BUY A NEW GENERAL MOTORS PRODUCT. THIS IS THE KIND OF SERVICE YOU SHOULD ALSO EXPECT. $85,000.00 doesn't buy a quality product with this company!
It's not an exhaust chirp I'm referring to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts