Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 cts
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I’ve noticed at idle my car is vibrating a lot and sometimes I feel a few harder vibrations than the normal. Almost want to describe it as a jerky vibration since it isn’t steady. Driving it is okay and power seems normal. Still happens if I turn ac off. Can’t tell if it’s vibrating when I’m at speed. Any thoughts? Engine mount? Belts? Injectors?

Only code I’ve been throwing is the p420 code for inefficient cat converter, but I’ve had that one for a few years. Also I should note that the power steering has been feeling heavy and I’ve had to add some steering fluid about a month ago.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Mike

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,170 Posts
For roughness at idle, I'd be looking at spark plugs and motor mounts.
I would also recommend looking into your power steering leak as well as further investigation of your inefficient cat code.

·
Registered
2008 cts
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For roughness at idle, I'd be looking at spark plugs and motor mounts.
I would also recommend looking into your power steering leak as well as further investigation of your inefficient cat code.
Thank you, I’m going to try to replace the pcv value and clean the MAF first. Any idea where the pcv valve is located (if it even has one?)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Run a double shot of some fuel injector cleaner through you gas tank. That is always my first "go to" when i have a rough idling engine. Cheap and easy. Works more often than not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts