Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2005 CTS about a month ago and absolutely love it! I was wondering if anyone on here has found a clever place to mount an aftermarket nav. I have a Garmin 200W and I was hoping someone has found a great place to mount it besides the windshield. Pictures would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
theirs no place that will have that visibility and convenience other than the dash or windshield

·
Registered
'95 Fleetwood Brougham and '14 ELR
212 Posts
I have a 200W (Nuvi) as well. I've always mounted it using the suction cup mount at the lower left corner of the windshield. It doesn't block my view at all and is very easy to see as it's just to the left of where I'd look for the gauges anyway. I'll snap a quick pic if I get a moment tomorrow.

·
Registered
CTS
95 Posts
I have the same unit and I mount mine just left of the rearview mirror. I might try the lower left hand side of the windshield. I never thought about that.

Other than that, there really is not where that I can think of.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux/Sport
364 Posts
I have the garmin 750 and mount it on top of the center dash on the metal disc that came with it. Works great and easy to remove.

·
Registered
o5 cts 3.6
2 Posts
i bent a coat hanger, sticks slightly into the disk opening, bends up, velcro on it, and on the back of the garmin, looks like it is built in, works great, good luck,

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i have the garmin 265WT and i mount it beside the mirror on the windshield to the right side of it. its out of the way doesnt block any blind spots and easy to see, its just like looking where your mirror is.

when i first got it i had no idea where to put it, i was going to put it in the bottom left corner of the windshield but i didnt like it there and i thought it may fall out of the window if it pops off somehow.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Good location SammyZ. Dependable and wont fall. Same place I used to have my Blackberry with Garmin software. I'm sure your Garmin unit has a mount to place there and if not, get creative and make your own mount. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
i was thinking about putting a GPS in the same spot as you Sammy but was afraid it may stick out too far and interfere with steering... though i was thinking i would just machine a lower profile aluminum mounting bracket if it was a problem... still need the GPS before i worry about it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
99 Posts
i mount my gps next to the rearview mirror. it's a bit high but when i get out i flip down the sunvisor so it's hidden. hopefully, it won't be seen and keep from gettin stolen.

·
Registered
CTS
9 Posts
I have a garmin as well i have mine on my passenger air vent(one by center console). It's a great spot for only you to see and not everyone around you. You can also hide the car charger by tucking it under the center console, and arm rest. I'll up pics to show you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts