Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Recently traded my 07 AWD MKZ for a 10 CTS RWD. Kinda missing my MKZ, but like the CTS nonetheless.

Is there a way to get a copy of the window sticker for the CTS, or a listing on how the car was built originally (equipment/options)?

The VIN is 1G6DE5EG7A0119254.

No issues with the car yet, but my MKZ seemed to be peppier and had a tighter ride. Could be me just being biased and not used to the performance of the CTS. Time will tell.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
shoot me an email or give me a call
(see my contact info below in my post signature)

i can email you a build sheet and the warranty service history

----------

i would say PM me your email address but you probably don't have access to the PM system yet being so new and having such a low post count

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
i forgot to mention in my email that it looks like there's an open campaign for your headlights

the campaign ends at the end of the year so if your lights are fine now and don't end up messing up by the end of the year you might just want to go in to your dealer and mention the campaign and get it done so you won't have to worry about it down the road

basically we're putting in new low beam bulbs and pigtail harnesses due to intermittent connection issues that sometimes will burn out the bulb and/or plug
the bumper has to be (at least half) taken off to access the bulbs so it's not really something you would want to do yourself unless you're a masochist

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 3.6DI (Sold 176k mi) 2015 ESV Luxury Premium
235 Posts
i forgot to mention in my email that it looks like there's an open campaign for your headlights

the campaign ends at the end of the year so if your lights are fine now and don't end up messing up by the end of the year you might just want to go in to your dealer and mention the campaign and get it done so you won't have to worry about it down the road

basically we're putting in new low beam bulbs and pigtail harnesses due to intermittent connection issues that sometimes will burn out the bulb and/or plug
the bumper has to be (at least half) taken off to access the bulbs so it's not really something you would want to do yourself unless you're a masochist
So is it a recall? If I bring it to the dealer will they do service it? I only have powertrain left. If not what do I need to do it myself to prevent it? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I've only had the car for 2 days and love it, but a little worried after my mom had the terrible Catera back in the day.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
best thing to do is to call up and ask them to run your vin to check for any recalls and see what they say

they should look at that same screen and say something like 'yeah, there's one here for your headlights... when would you like to come in?'

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks will do our service advisor is out of town for a week so I will wait until he comes back.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
yes... if you can email me your VIN i'll send you a PDF back with all the warranty work that has been done and lists the warranties specifically and has any recalls/campaigns that were performed and any that still need to be done

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I've only had the car for 2 days and love it, but a little worried after my mom had the terrible Catera back in the day.
Not fair to compare to a Catera.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not fair to compare to a Catera.
Yeah, I know the Catera was a crappy Opel port. It was Cadillacs second Cimmaron. That's why I didn't hesitate to pick up the CTS. (Much less a first year!) My parents are immigrants (legal) as was I and worked hard to save up and buy a great American nameplate (we only buy domestics). But at the time we were naive and didn't have internet to do research or anything like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts