Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was rolling along about an hour ago and a evo rolled up next to me doin that lil rev thing. so i down shifted and he did too. problem is we caught a light with just one lane open. so he rolled infront of me and i was behind him ficking my throttle. well the light turned green and he took off really hard cus of his 4WD well the V pulled right on along behind him. punched second and move over one lane still gaining slammed 3 and just walked all over him. I AM TELLING YOU I LOVE 3RD GEAR IT IS SOOO MEAN!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Uhuhuhuhuh....duuude, he wasn't racin' cause he'd tear yo shiznit up duuude if he wuz uhuhuhuhuh!

:D

Just be prepared for some backlash on this, because every time someone claims an EVO/WRX/SRT-4 or whatever kill, 9 times out of 10, there will be someone on here that will give you shit...

Not me though, good kill!

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Well depending on the year they are mid to to low13 second 1/4 mile cars. I have seen a bunch of here at my local track. If you can't lauch they suck.
The best I have personally seen one go bone stock was 13.5x at 104.
I could see you walking past him in 3rd.
I love ****ing with those guys, They think they have the fastest thing on the raod.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the mitsubishi Evolution its there top of the line car 4wd turbod the red car the guy drives in fast and furious 3 the 4 door car.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
The difference between the CTS-V and the Evo isn't much but in order for the Evo to get those kinda times they have to rev the shit outta them and drop the clutch, if you don't do that they aren't overly impressive. Good kill

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
The difference between the CTS-V and the Evo isn't much but in order for the Evo to get those kinda times they have to rev the shit outta them and drop the clutch, if you don't do that they aren't overly impressive. Good kill
Yeah that,,, if you want to race an Evo, get him from a roll and run him until the end of 4th gear. As said, from a dig, they can ruin your day if they dump the clutch at 5K.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah. we had fun. he ran a red light for some damn reason. and we never caught back up to him i think his feelings were hurt from a "regular" caddy hahaha

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
420 Posts
Well yes and no. RWD dominates over AWD on the track. However, AWD dominates on the street. With that said I pulled 1.6 60s in my FWD..On slicks of course. So it has A LOT to do with being able to drive your car as well. Oh, and I wouldn't exactly call the Evo 16g a high performance turbo by any means. Even though I am a huge fan of that turbo.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
On the track with good drivers the Evo might give the V a run for its money. Anything past the 1/4 or from a 20mph roll for that matter, a stock V would wipe the floor with a stock evo. I've done it numerous times! How long is an evo going to last launching them from 5k just to get one to hang with a V through the 1/4? Probably not very long. The car was never meant to be drag raced. Its a rally car by design, plain and simple. It wont hold up to continues 5k dumps on stock components on asphalt.

Just like the V. It was never meant to be a 1/4 car either! Hence the IRS. Its a road cruising monster. Thats what it was designed for. And everybody complains about wheel hop. I dont like it either but its not made to run the 1/4 or launch hard. People think just cause its fast, it was meant to run the 1/4. It was meant to haul some serious ass on the high way and curvy roads.

And the comment about it only being a four banger. Come on. Thats what everybody that has a flat or I4 turbo car says. I used to have one! The only replacement for displacement is FI. It maybe a four banger but its cramming enough air and fuel through it to feed a V8. And everybody knows what makes power! AIR + FUEL = POWER!!! So dont feed that line of crap, "its just a four banger!" Yeah if I was cramming as much air and fuel though my v8 as you are through your 4, I dont think we would have a race!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
The EVO doesn't require super high rpms just to get going, it is a turbo.
This is funny. You cant launch an Evo or any AWD car without a high rev dump because they get to much traction and they bog off the line. Almost any motor, particularly a turbo motor, will generally not make any power just off idle. Thats why you always get the revs up before you launch. You do have to rev an evo on launch because they will bog if you dont. If it does bog, they are usually done for because they motor cant make enough power at 2k to pull its heavy AWD ass off the line and then it take a bit to build enough revs to get in the power band. If you can keep it there, you are good.

The other thing that kills AWD cars is the weight. AWD is awesome out of the hole if you can drive, but after that is useless unless you are on a road course or dirt. The parasitic loss and weight of the transfer case and extra axle, kill its top end. But thats where we go back to rally. In the dirt, its a whole different ball game.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts