Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver seat feels like it's loose everytime I make a turn and return to straight line motion; it shifts a notch...maybe a fraction of an inch. Is something loose? Is it something I can fix myself? I think I might try a new seat setting to see if that resolves this annoying issue.

·
Registered
'05 CTS Luxury
55 Posts
Is this an automatic or manual seat? I once had a Volvo with manual seats with a similar issue. It turned out that the tracks were slightly misaligned so there was a tiny bit of slop in the set-up. I don't have this issue with my automatic seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had power leather seats in my Trans-Am and the problem was the nuts holding the seat to the tracks had loosened. I just tightened them back down and problem solved.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood FWD / 2000 ETC / 2000 STS / 2006 STS V-8 1SF RWD
475 Posts
Hello...
I have also noticed this when my seat is all the way back,
it will move forward and rearward (ever so slightly) upon accel/deaccel.
The cure is to just tap the seat forward just a bit-
...if it's all the way back.

Post back how you solve this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Finally looked under the seat tonight. And like Finn McCool did I found a loose nut. Mine is threaded onto a bolt pointed straight down on the left front corner there is also the same nut on the right side but it wasn't loose. Easy fix. By the way use a 10mm deep socket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
okiwont said:
Finally looked under the seat tonight. And like Finn McCool did I found a loose nut. Mine is threaded onto a bolt pointed straight down on the left front corner there is also the same nut on the right side but it wasn't loose. Easy fix. By the way use a 10mm deep socket.
Glad it worked out for you.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts