Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A guy who's bike I occasionally work on came by the shop last night and asked me to go get some dinner with him...Hey free food! I'm There!:D So I go out to get in his car and I go to the right side door and there's the steering wheel! The guy has an export right hand drive '96 STS! He inherited it from his older brother in germany who was a go fast freak and loved Cadillacs! This car is FAST! I doesn't feel like any Cadillac I've ever been in before. We cruised around for a while at my request and he even let me drive the thing for a little while! I put it to the wood leaving a light out on Lawrence Expressway and this thing ran stronger than ANY Cadillac that I've ever been in. He told me that his brother was a high performance freak and that he knew that there were lots of performance upgrades done but he didn't yet know what all of them were!:banghead: The only thing I saw when I opened the hood was a K&N intake and some interesting plumbing that I've never seen on a Northstar before.:confused: He told me that the only reason that he went to the expense of shipping the car over here and getting it registered in California is because it was his brothers favorite car and it has low miles ( 8,500) on it and will probably last a long time! He said it wasn't cheap...But from what I saw it was worth it!:D

The only reason I felt that this was a kill story is cause we raced a fairly late model Z-28 and the guy caught us at the next light and gave us a BIG thumbs up! The car is a beauty too, Black on Black w/ Black anodized wheels, black anodized badges, and black exhaust tips No Chrome....Nowhere! and dark tinted windows blacked out tail lights and tinted headlight covers he even had little tinted covers over the factory fog lights and some huge road lights behind the grille.....TOO COOL! Lot's of little custom made touches throughout the car. His brother owned a machine shop in Germany and made lots of cool stuff himself including some of the badges and stuff....I didn't have my camera with me but I'm hoping to get some pics next time he comes by.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was really strange to get used to. But...What a car!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
maybe it's just like e36 m3. They were sold as a 240hp 5 spd vehicle here and 321hp 6sp car in europe. Different emission laws might be the reason for such a stellar performance

Attachments

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Actually,
Cadillac Europe lists the Seville STS as having 305HP and 295lb/ft. of torque. That's identical torque as the US spec model and 5HP more. The gearing is the same as US, and the car is actually 43lbs. HEAVIER than US spec. So I'm thinking that the performance difference is either due to mods done to the car, or you need to re-cal your butt for better SOTP data ;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure it's the mods. I just had my sotp guage checked...and calibrated and was told it's working fine! LOL!

·
Banned
701 Posts
Hey KC,

Get some pic's and a list of what this guy did to his Caddy. Sounds really nice. I'm always looking for some performance mods for my drop top. Right hand drive is a bit much for any of us, but I guess them folks across the big pond are OK with it. My brain don't think too good bass ackwards, and corners would scare the hell out of me and anyone else close by. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
KC, that's the Northstar baebeh! It might have some mods to it like an intake, but it'll scare the unsuspecting, right off the showroom floor! I don't think people know that those quad tailpipes out the back of every 92+ Seville MEAN BUSINESS!

I like it because it's such a flexible engine. You can lope around all day just off idle (it has a full 250 lb*ft of torque at just 1000 rpm), or you can scream around at redline and it flat EATS IT UP!

I'd like to know if he has anything other than intake/exhaust mods to this car. Internal engine mods for Northstars are kinda few and far between -- and the ones out there are expensive. I've heard that collective mods (like an intake, RSM throttle body, and a good exhaust) can give a healthy boost (like up to 20 hp probably), but he may have done other things as well.

Thanks for the post, and keep us "posted"! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've driven lots of Northstars! But never felt one run this good before....I don't see this guy too often, Maybe twice a year but I did give him one of my business cards with the URL for this site printed on the back. So hopefully he'll show up here and we can all learn together!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can get cams from http://www.chrfab.com/
they say 75HP for their mid cams, im sure cams, mufflers and a air filter would bring the car into mid 13's nicely
and beyond the quarter mile im sure that cams would make the sts a very scary highway machine!

Peace

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope! No turbo...I haven't seen the guy at the shop since then...But, I'm waiting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wonder how much fun his brother had in Germany on the autobhan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
PONCHO