Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
none
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sedan is being built. Expected delivery is four to six weeks. This dealership, which is a high volume dealer, will only receive five sedans this year. I have no idea on the number of coupes. The production, at this time, appears to be small.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
Production starts middle of July 7/20 to be exact....they should have told you 6 weeks after that....and only if your lucky enough for you car not to be put on quality hold while they make checks and go over your car with a fine tooth comb checking for build quality...if this happens the hold can add up to a month or longer

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Production starts middle of July 7/20 to be exact....they should have told you 6 weeks after that....and only if your lucky enough for you car not to be put on quality hold while they make checks and go over your car with a fine tooth comb checking for build quality...if this happens the hold can add up to a month or longer
This is what I've heard from my Dealership...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
This is what I've heard from my Dealership...
cool...i've found it's good to keep your clients in the loop.....it makes them happy...and if they're happy you make more money because they become repeat customers....for one reason it builds trust...and if they trust you they buy again...if you build rapport ...they drag their friends and family to "their guy" at the dealership ...and they buy cars.....it's an engine that takes years to start...but once it's started it's a great ride

i have a funny quirk in that i'm terrible with names and i forget people easily...but i remember every car i ever sold like a savant...lol....so even now i run into a stranger and they say "Wookie" (not my real name) and i say "do i know you"...they look dejected...then i say "what car did you buy"? they tell me something like a Grey SRX...and i go "yeah you traded in the gold lexus your wife ran into the garage"...they light up and say "wow...i can't believe you remember that"...then i say "yeah, but please forgive me i'm name challenged" we both have a laugh and all is good.

i remember i had a redhead almost bring me to tears once when after some big fires out here her house was lost her and her abusive husband moved in with her parents and the whole family saw how she was being treated so she left him days before i met her...she comes on the lot looking for a red wrangler...the only one around in the area was our loaded Rubicon Unimited (we had jeep then ...we don't now) but it was out of her price range and she starts get dissapointed and i ask her what it is about the jeep she wants so bad does she off road?.... she says no but it's the only SUV like vehicle available in her favorite color fire engine red for her and her dog....so an idea pops into my head...

see with GM you can get any color you want...but if it's a color they don't offer you have to buy a production run...how many cars that is depends, sometimes 5 sometimes 10...well we had done just that on yukons for a local fire dept and had one left over at our other store and it was a one of a kind fire engine red..

i had it brought over and the incentives (i think it was 0%) made it a better deal than the wrangler..she bought it....years later i ran into her...i did the what car did you buy thing and we had a laugh and suddenly she hugs me and starts crying...she then lays the abusive husband story on me and that yukon she was getting serviced was the first independent post divorce thing she did because her Ex would never let her get red...and she appreciated how patient i was and going the extra mile to get her dream car.

anyhow back on topic...it makes me smile and it's good for all of us when dealers do the right thing....congrats on your order...can't wait for you to tell us about it....i'll return the favor when i drive it next month ..that is unless I'm ebargoed (i get to track the CTS V and ATS V)
:)

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Yes, totally awesome.

Verified with a reliable GM source, production starts this week.

Kindest Regards,
Not the information I have from my dealer who is also a large volume Caddy dealer. When this week did production start? It's funny to see so many inconsistency in what production is doing. Looks like its just an educated guess. Kinda like the weatherman. Anyone have the 'real' inside scoop on when production will actually start and when pre-orders have started being accepted by production?

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Ok latest news from my dealership. He did some digging today and it seems they are giving out 11 nationally this week. He will know more Tuesday. Not sure what he means by "giving out". If those are ones already built or ones that are allocated to dealers for production.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
the factory started production of retail cars on the first of this month..so Monday...the soft production start was a few weeks ago for press cars

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
been saying this for weeks now...but every week like clockwork some uninformed salesperson tells a member here they'll get their order in a month ...and they can't post it here fast enough

this is not the members fault....it's bad info from dealers who'd rather run their mouth then actually check the info they possess

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
285 Posts
So your saying production has started already and not that its going to start next month? If so when should we start seeing them at dealers?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
conservatively speaking end of july...if no problems cause a halt in production...this happened to this years Escalade where bad airbags went out in first batch and production was halted because the good airbags needed to be sent to dealers for recalls left none for production

or if on a case by case basis individual cars get put on quality hold (could delay arrival up to a month or longer)....

if anyone promises sooner they're playing with your emotions...and there will be cars put on quality hold...how many and how often at the beginning remains to be seen

so best answer is hopefully 6 to 8 weeks...fingers crossed!! ......no one can promise better than that..except maybe someone at GM doing something special for a VIP

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Coupe/Auto/White/Sunroof/PDR
204 Posts
The tentative production week of my car is 6/8/15.
I was notified of such by my dealership 2 days ago.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
I was provided with the 6-8 week lead time from a dealership on their pre ordered cars. Out here it looks like each dealer ordered a sedan and a coupe.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
285 Posts
conservatively speaking end of july...if no problems cause a halt in production...this happened to this years Escalade where bad airbags went out in first batch and production was halted because the good airbags needed to be sent to dealers for recalls left none for production

or if on a case by case basis individual cars get put on quality hold (could delay arrival up to a month or longer)....

if anyone promises sooner they're playing with your emotions...and there will be cars put on quality hold...how many and how often at the beginning remains to be seen

so best answer is hopefully 6 to 8 weeks...fingers crossed!! ......no one can promise better than that..except maybe someone at GM doing something special for a VIP

So we should see them at dealers by the end of July? I can live with that and it aligns with the 6 to 8 weeks everyone is hearing.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
The tentative production week of my car is 6/8/15.
I was notified of such by my dealership 2 days ago.
The target production week (TPW) is just that a target and one for when the car is completed and pushed out the factory door.....the car is then moved to a storage lot awaiting a train on a FIFO (First In First Out) basis

The difference between TPW and EIT (expected in transit) aka arrival at dealer is weeks minimum and can be months with our current rail shortage as it is

----------

Lastly the last mile is by truck from rail depot Gm allows several days for offload from train to loaded and scheduled on a truck....so this phase of delivery adds another week

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Great news from my Dealer today...they were given one of the 11. :) Order was finalized and sent to production. The real waiting now begins. Hope they start sending out orders by truck as things are backing up pretty bad. Additional property was bought by GM to bay vehicles as rail delivery is still FUBAR.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
·
500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.

· 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)
· 1102, Preliminary Order added thru web
· 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)
· 2030, Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.)
· 2051, Order changed thru Web (same as above)
· 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)
· 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.) TPW now known.
· 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)
· 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build).
· 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)
· 3800, Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.)
· 4000, Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship)
· 4104, Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated)
· 4150, Original Invoice Generated
· 4200, Shipped (Moved to another location by transport company, see 4300)
· 4300, Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor or upfitter)
· 4B00, Bayed by the shipper (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation.)
· 4D00, Bayed for Quality Control Inspection (Unknown Time frame)nknown Time frame)
· 4800, Rail Ramp Unload (its been unloaded off the rail car at the distribution center and parked, waiting to be delivered by truck to dealer)
· 5000, Delivered to the dealer
· 6000, Delivered to the customer
· 9000, Order Cancelled

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Coupe/Auto/White/Sunroof/PDR
204 Posts
My dealership informed me the middle of last week that the tentative production week of my coupe is this week.
This is what GM told them, of course.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts