Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Magoo—2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury, Opulent Blue, plus many more, see signature.
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,722 Posts
Let it live so it'll suffer longer. Well the owner will anyway.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,429 Posts
Heh, heh . . .. there are certainly a LOT more Mustangs of every description and modification level on the roads than there are of ALL Cadillacs. Which vehicle has more aftermarket support? Which vehicle holds more drag/racing/rallye/autocross records? Which vehicle has more aftermarket support, tunable engines, and suspensions? Which vehicle keeps the parts sites and stores in business?

Just like GM, Ford has produced some real losers - but Ford seems to recover from them more quickly while GM keeps cranking them out. (Yes, Chevrolet has a slew of sought-after goodies too . . . . .)

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,507 Posts
Heh, heh . . .. there are certainly a LOT more Mustangs of every description and modification level on the roads than there are of ALL Cadillacs. Which vehicle has more aftermarket support? Which vehicle holds more drag/racing/rallye/autocross records? Which vehicle has more aftermarket support, tunable engines, and suspensions? Which vehicle keeps the parts sites and stores in business?

Just like GM, Ford has produced some real losers - but Ford seems to recover from them more quickly while GM keeps cranking them out. (Yes, Chevrolet has a slew of sought-after goodies too . . . . .)
you've hit it on the head. The wife's Grand Marquis is still on the road with never a problem getting parts. It was that way on my old Lincoln. The Ford panther platform numbers were enormous. Same with my F150-it's 33 years old and have never had a problem with parts availability. Some of the parts for my Deville must be made out of unobtanium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts