Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have the feeling the evaporator drain on my 87 Brougham is clogged. I have a real hard time to find the drain. How do i reach it from the engine bay or underneath the car? If somebody has a pic would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,215 Posts
It's right at the bottom of the clamshell housing where the evap lives. You can reach down from under the hood. Many did not have anything but a hole in the fiberglass.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,479 Posts
The parts diagram shows a drain cover part number 3035981 for an '87. However when I look in parts section 2.11 I don't see that listed for a '87. Your guess is as good as mine which is valid. I can't find a picture of the part.

That is a clam shell cover with a top and bottom half. The parts diagram shows the drain cover near the firewall about in the middle or toward the drivers side. If it has a cover it may be blocked. I'm surprised that you can't see it from under the vehicle or feel it from above.

Removing the top half of the cover may be possible but I bet that would be a PITA. Removing the top half may give you some access to find the drain.
The black gummy stuff is called cork tape if you need some. NAPA or other parts stores sell that in rolls. Removing the top would give you a chance to clean the evaporator core too.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,479 Posts
Chances are it is just a drain hole. I've seen where the parts manual doesn't match how it was built. For example for an '84 Eldo and Seville the parts diagram shows a heat shield on the evaporator core cover but you likely won't find that shield on any made,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The parts diagram shows a drain cover part number 3035981 for an '87. However when I look in parts section 2.11 I don't see that listed for a '87. Your guess is as good as mine which is valid. I can't find a picture of the part.

That is a clam shell cover with a top and bottom half. The parts diagram shows the drain cover near the firewall about in the middle or toward the drivers side. If it has a cover it may be blocked. I'm surprised that you can't see it from under the vehicle or feel it from above.

Removing the top half of the cover may be possible but I bet that would be a PITA. Removing the top half may give you some access to find the drain.
The black gummy stuff is called cork tape if you need some. NAPA or other parts stores sell that in rolls. Removing the top would give you a chance to clean the evaporator core too.
I was looking on the passenger side, i try it on monday again. Thanks

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
1,263 Posts
In all seriousness, here it is on an Eldorado, I would imagine the RWD would be similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts