Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I saw one of those rear wheel drive Fleetwoods on thursday night with those tail lights on it.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
they have them for my generation deville, but i cant find a dealer yet :

http://www.cocgb.dircon.co.uk/'97%20SedDeV%20m1063-L.jpg

more euro caddy pics here :
http://www.cocgb.dircon.co.uk/membcars.htm

now side marker lights have to be the nastyiest thing on a deville :

http://www.cocgb.dircon.co.uk/'89%20S-DeV%20m992-L.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
I think he was talking about export lights and not altezza styled... :rolleyes:

If the Eldo's were exported, then the caddy dealership will have a part number for the tails. They did for my FW (and I'm pretty sure there are less FW's than Eldo's). :)

by any chance would you know a site or where i could find these lights cause i wana get them for my FW. and how much they cost .... thanx

·
Registered
29 Posts
anyone wana sell there export tail lights for the fleetwood????like the ones on the grey caddy. or where the hell i could find them i cant find them no where on the net..... thanx.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
:confused: Question:
When discussing these lights, does the term "EURO" indicate the inclusion of an amber section in the taillight, intended for European & other overseas markets? :excited: :hmm:

·
Registered
2005 SRX V6 AWD
429 Posts
I have windshield de-ice on mine, Im in Canada

But why the heck would you want tow hook on a Seville??? Personnaly i would prefer a light bar and a lift kit. Is there any available for the STS? lol

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
It's pretty amusing to see this thread take on a life of it's own - all the way to people trying to buy these things overseas!

Years ago, I had new 2000 STS and I changed the bumpers to the Euro-bumpers. Boy - were those hard to get - I had to go all the way to my local GM dealer.
http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/cars/dhupdate.htm

I went to my local Cadillac dealer's parts counter and made nice with the parts counter guy. We found the bumpers pretty easily. He wouldn't sell them to me though because of the 'liability' issue of selling export bumpers in the domestic U.S. I wouldn't have bought there anyway - just wanted the part numbers. My buddy who is a parts counter guy at a Chevy store matched the price of gmpartsdirect.com and I bought them through him.
You can buy Cadillac parts through any GM dealer or of course online. But you need the part number.

Go down to your local Cadillac dealer's parts counter and make nice with the parts counter guy. Try different years of Eldorado's til you find the export lights (Eldo's might not have been exported all years) but the 92-02 Eldo lights are interchangeable.

Let me know you make out.

~Doc

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I completely forgot about this thread until someone else on here asked about some tail lights, but doc, that's awesome, thanks for the pics and the tip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
I think he was talking about export lights and not altezza styled... :rolleyes:

If the Eldo's were exported, then the caddy dealership will have a part number for the tails. They did for my FW (and I'm pretty sure there are less FW's than Eldo's). :)

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me the dealer you used to get the amber tail lights on your Fleetwood; I'd like to try to get them for my Eldorado.

·
Registered
1993 STS, 2000 SLS
30 Posts
personally, i dont care for the euro lights...what i think is best...and is super super easy is smoking your existing tail lights, marker lights and all...the product is called nightshadez ($5-$7)and it works great, remove lights, clean well, spray on 3-4 coats depending on how dark u want them, the light shines through it perfect, what i did, since the finish after application is very dull, which doesnt look horrible, but obviously shiny would be better, so after 3 or 4 coats of tint i applied 2-3 coats of and acrylic clear coat, which didnt do anything for the shine but made me more comfortable with the last step...after all is dry i took some 1500 grit compound, and rubbed the shit out of it till it was smooth...then i put like 4 coats of wax on it till it shined....i seriously looked like i had bought new lights, they looked awesome, everyone loved them....and well worth the $5 i paid for the can of spray...i would post pics, but that was on my eldo which i sold..i now have a 96 sts, and plan to smoke those lights soon.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts