Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac ETC 4.6 V8 Northstar L37
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Great forum!
I need some fast help because we're leaving for vacation tomorrow.

We have a '97 ETC L37. We found mice poop and nuts on and around the motor so we washed it with a hose.
Since then we're unable to start the car. Security keeps flashing and it seems that maybe the immobilizer won't let the fuel pump send gas.
All sparks have been changed for new ones, cables checked, fuses checked.

Any help is very welcome!
I will try whatever you guys think right away!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should probably also note that at one point yesterday when trying to start the car, the trunk lid and fuel lid opened by themseves.

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Verify fuel pump pressure. Give it a good shot of starting spray. If it runs for a few seconds it's probably the fuel pump or circuit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can the security be blocking the fuel pump from working?
I'll try to filp the two relays but I think they're ok.
I don't think any water got on nor near the fuse/relay box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also the A/C isn't working. Weird thing is that the A/C and Fuel Pump relays are right next to each other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LC: Yep. We're now blowing hot air on it. Hope it dries good. The last few days have been a bit cold.

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
hmm..... maby if you have a second key try that cause sometimes those saftey features messing things up good and if your first key is damaged

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Have someone turn the key to the on position while you listen to the gas filler pipe with the gas cap off. You should hear the fuel pump turn on for a few seconds. If it doesn't turn on, check the relay (switch the relay with the one for the headlights and try again). If you do hear it turn on without switching the relay then it's probably not the problem. Your problem would then most likely be electrical. In which case it would probably throw codes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still dead. Tried the second key too.
I think the fuel pump is working cause something make a "vrrr" noise close to the fuel pressure regulator. I can also hear a "vrrr" every once in a while form the driver side back wheel.
To get the codes, it it Off + warmer for 5s?

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
When my battery was almost dead my trunk lid and fuel door would pop open on it's own for some reason. Check the battery connections also, maybe they are corroded. If you can, try a different battery as well.

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The battery is one thing I did think of, but we didnt replace it, we just tried charging it. It could be dead though, I'll try a different one tomorrow.
Also, the PC is warning "Low A/C pressure" or something like that.
Parents left on vacation in their Neon cuz the ETC just wouldn't start. It would be nice if I could fix it before they return.
I hate rainy weather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's the PC reading:

PCM P0231 current
PCM P0603 history
IPC B1552 history
ACM B1348 current
SDM B1327 history
TCS C1225 history
RSS C1783 history
RSS C1785 history
PZM B1522 history
PZM B2470 history
PZM B2471 history
PZM B2502 current

NO IRC, RFA, CCP, MSM, MMM

Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found a page with codes (http://www.regalgs.org/obd2.htm) and if I go according to the "current" codes than I get:
P0231 Fuel Pump Feedback Circuit Low Voltage
B1348 Very Low A/C Refrigerant Pressure
B2502 Auto Trans Shift Lock Control Shorted to Ground

Weird stuff.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
The "History" codes need to be looked into as well despite the history title as they were problems at one point in time. All the title means is that it did not occur in this "current" ignition cycle.

P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset (Battery died or was disconnected)
B1552 - Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error (Battery died or was disconnected)
B1327 - Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts (Battery was in the process of dying or had a loose connection)

Well these three codes are all I need to look up. The B1327 code tells me not to trust any other codes given. When the system voltage drops below 9 volts, the modules can't function properly and will spit out random codes. At this point I can say that I'm 98% sure that it is a problem with the battery or the battery cables.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
Check the fuel pump (and all) wiring. You little vermin guests may have been dining on your wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the tips guys!
I'll try replacing the battery first and then check the wires.
I bet the rats did chew on something :( They chewed on a spark cable in my other car and I kept wondering why the car is running on 3 cylinders. I found the symptom because I was trying to start it in the dark and I could see the misfire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts