Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 ETC, 98 Z28, 04 Lotus Esprit
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an ETC that has developed a wind noise at 40mph+. I think it is comming from the windshield but I am not sure. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
gmendoza said:
Hi I have an ETC that has developed a wind noise at 40mph+. I think it is comming from the windshield but I am not sure. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance.
The eldo's have frame less windows they create a lot of wind noise by nature have you considered that into your problem. Never had anything coming from the windshield though
 

·
Registered
97 ETC, 98 Z28, 04 Lotus Esprit
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't really thought about that. I'll conditioning the weather stripping, like on the camaro, see if that helps. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
gmendoza said:
I haven't really thought about that. I'll conditioning the weather stripping, like on the camaro, see if that helps. Thanks
out of curisoity what would you use to condition the weather stripping???
 

·
Registered
97 ETC, 98 Z28, 04 Lotus Esprit
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JJhomer83 said:
out of curisoity what would you use to condition the weather stripping???
I have found that silicone spray or grease can help soften the rubber. Some people also use dielectric grease, but I'm not sure how well that works.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top