Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up to all, haven't posted in a while but here my lastet run in's.
First was with a pre-supercharged Cobra convertible 99 or 2001 since they didn't make a 2000 model, im assuming it was an auto also completely stock from what I heard. Anyways It was a very dissapointing run I was looking to get spanked bad yet on the freeway and street I pull on average about 1 1/2 to 2 cars. On freeway we have few little WOT burst to about 110 or so, mind this is around midnight and no one is on the road. The Cobra just didn't perform well at all. Then we exited the freeway to catch a red light this is where I could hear him torque braking and knew it was an auto. But it really didn't help his case, cause he got the initial pull of maybe half a car then quickly got swallowed up. For his sake I hope he had 1 of the many Cobras from 99 with factory defects and not puttin out the proper power.
Next was a new Neon SRT-4 with multiple mods and 1 loud spooling turbo. This one never got over 75 on two different ocassions but we were neck and neck from about 40 to 75 with him slightly pulling as he was in 3rd and my auto was going into 3rd. Very quick car indeed very impressed I must say.
Also had a little run in with a stock G35 coupe pull about a car on HER from a dead stop to about 50.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good kill. I raced a white drop-top a few months back in my 96 STS. It couldn't have been more than a few years old, and I heard the high pitched whine of a supercharger. I don't know if that's factory equipment or if he had upgrades, but what I do know he walked away from me almost as easily as that M5 did four weeks ago. I started off right behind him at 70 and by the time we reached 100 he laid about 4 car lengths on me.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
You sure it wasn't a GT or a V6 with the Cobra bumper on the back? We had a guy at Atco about two weeks ago show up with a GT Vert that he rebadged with the Cobra emblems and bumper and was running 15's and one 14.9.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
You sure it wasn't a GT or a V6 with the Cobra bumper on the back? We had a guy at Atco about two weeks ago show up with a GT Vert that he rebadged with the Cobra emblems and bumper and was running 15's and one 14.9.

I'm thinking the same thing. There is a kid running around here with a V6 and he did the swap. Damn thing looks like a Cobra after he changed the front and rear bumper.

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You cant mistake the roar of a DOHC 4.6L V8 with that of a 3.8 V6. As for it being a GT, remember it was stock I couldn't see someone go through the trouble of badging and changing all the bumbers and wheels yet keeping the motor stock. I know for a fact it wasn't a v6 also my auto Accord 4cyl I had back in the day ran a couple of those down.Trust me it was a Cobra like I said I hope it just has a few problems, my friend had a 99 Cobra which would performs funny at times also, walking on Z-28's then loosing to near stock 5.0's.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Oh christ......i just remembered who we are dealing with here! There's no such thing as a automatic Cobra or those years. So in other words you raced a auto. GT with a Cobra conversion!

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlackoutSpecV said:
Oh christ......i just remembered who we are dealing with here! There's no such thing as a automatic Cobra or those years. So in other words you raced a auto. GT with a Cobra conversion!
OK I wasn't positive if it was auto or not I thought I heard him torque braking could of been him holding revs he did spin the tires. But research the net there is a 99 and 01 cobra with 320hp and tq then they jumped to 390hp and tq in 03. I positive it was a stock Cobra I've have ran GT's and they have no pull on the freeway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ill run you in my poor little Mustang GT. :D

There are no automatic cobras. Last three years of cobras were 99, 01 and 03. 99 and 01 are dohc 4.6's with ~270/300 hp/torque to the rear wheels. The 03's come with the eaton roots blower and put down around ~350/350 hp/torque to the rear wheels. Stock 1320 times for the 99/01 range from 13.4 - 14.2 (driver) and the 03 run ~12/8.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know plenty of people who spend all sorts of money on plastic to make there cars look like something they aren't. because plastic is a lot cheaper than engine mods. Its kinda what people my age (mid-20's) and younger seem to be into these days.

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mingrey02gt said:
Ill run you in my poor little Mustang GT. :D

There are no automatic cobras. Last three years of cobras were 99, 01 and 03. 99 and 01 are dohc 4.6's with ~270/300 hp/torque to the rear wheels. The 03's come with the eaton roots blower and put down around ~350/350 hp/torque to the rear wheels. Stock 1320 times for the 99/01 range from 13.4 - 14.2 (driver) and the 03 run ~12/8.
You have a no where near stock GT, I would leave you to battle it out with a few of my friends with their no where near stock MR2 Turbo's and awd GSX's. I've gotten away from all the strictly race vehicles, had a eclipse that use to trap at 108-110 mph in the 1/4. Just every so often I like to let the ETC open up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts