Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently did a switch over to MAPerformance J hook rotors (I know, I know) and opted for et800 pads after reading some good reviews on them.

This was a move from HP+ pads (and ebc yellowstuff) I'd been running previously.

I'm impressed. Pads are very grippy when cold (good thing up here in Canada) and unlike the HP+ that squealed like a stuffed pig at low speeds (until I put in TI shims) these only squeal under heavy breaking at some speed and that's without any shims. They grip.

Like them very much. Haven't taken them out for a proper spin but so far I'm favouring them over HP+ simply for the noise factor.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
Where did yo get the Ti shims? It really doesn't get cold here in South Florida so the heat range is no factor for me. You say it still makes noise but just at higher speeds. Will that go away with Ti shims? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The instructions specifically stated in bold shims should not be used so I ditched mine. You'd have to search for the shop that sold the shims, it was a while back last year

The shims really helped quieten down noisy HP+ pads (they were almost unbearably loud at parking speeds), the ETs seem a lot quieter at low speed (almost no noise). Doesn't bother me that they squeal a little at high speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts