Cadillac Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
It's OK I'm a Limo driver
1,370 Posts
I will start another thread! I need to see if I can get a few of the dings repaired at the body shop before we take it to Florida. It looks like a Caddy refresh again only a black one this time.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I can post to this one or make a new one, it doesn't matter to me.

Florida Universal Park Cadillac members unite!
Here Here!!

No work on any vehicles today, we ended up going to my mom in-laws and pulling up old flooring and installing new flooring. She doesn't have any money so we bought it and my wife and I are installing it. We have about 1/3 of the new down and we will go back and finish it up tomorrow. Painting and flooring are the 2 things I hate the most.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I hear you. I installed Pergo in our home downstairs. Their floating system was so massive that it would shrink up to 3/4” on the longest run in the house when it was cold. Then we discovered what a slab leak was. It demo’d all my work in 2 hours. My buddy laughed his ass off because he knew I hated installing it. Then he got a slab leak 2 weeks later.

It was the city changing the water supply from LA to well water. All the untreated particulate in the water attacked the copper pipes. He’s a flooring, pool and general contractor. After he redid his floors in hardwood, he hooked me up and saved us from the stress of finding someone who may not do it right and potentially fleece us.

You are literally changing Mom’s quality of life with what you’re doing. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I told my late father in-law on his death bed that I would take care of her and my wife and our daughter. Thats what I have done to the best of my ability. The SRX she drives I bought for her too. Not bragging, just the right thing to do.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,071 Posts
I told my late father in-law on his death bed that I would take care of her and my wife and our daughter. Thats what I have done to the best of my ability. The SRX she drives I bought for her too. Not bragging, just the right thing to do.
You are definitely blessed by GOD for doing that. I wish I had parents and grandparents.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
We are blessed that is no doubt.
My wife and I didn’t have 2 nickels to rub together when we got together. We have come a long way and have sacrificed along the way but we finally made it to where we are now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The truck is detailed and ready to go. The delivery people called and said it will be delivered on Thursday before noon.

Poll time!
Do we continue to roll with this thread or start a new one??

What do you think Eric? I didn't mean to hijack your post.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
15,752 Posts
I think buying the very vehicle the thread was based on gives you full hijacking privileges.
My vote is continue with this discussion.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The truck is detailed and ready to go. The delivery people called and said it will be delivered on Thursday before noon.

Poll time!
Do we continue to roll with this thread or start a new one??

What do you think Eric? I didn't mean to hijack your post.
Up to you.. whatever you want to do! Hopefully everything is really good mechanically on the truck and we can just talk about going 4-wheeling through Treasure Island!

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,071 Posts
We are blessed that is no doubt.
My wife and I didn’t have 2 nickels to rub together when we got together. We have come a long way and have sacrificed along the way but we finally made it to where we are now.
Up to you.. whatever you want to do! Hopefully everything is really good mechanically on the truck and we can just talk about going 4-wheeling through Treasure Island!
Where in treasure island can you go four wheeling?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I think I will just continue on with this thread. We are 3 pages deep already. I talked to their service manager yesterday and he said the truck is in excellent condition and we will be extremely happy with it. No leaks, everything works and no dents. There are 2 scratches on the rear bumper but that's about it.

I still have a few more weeks till vacation so I have time to go over it. I am thinking at a minimum engine oil and filter, transmission, transfer, etc. Also new belts and coolant. Checking the date codes on the tires for sure.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Where on treasure island can you go four wheeling?
It's actually Tom Sawyer Island at Disney World.
Everywhere if you have a stroller!

He was making fun of me because I like Disney World. I did get her to comit to a long weekend at Disney when they have the Xmas decorations up since I bought her the truck. We have been twice with Halloween stuff but never Christmas decorations.

I ordered this to go on the Limo but the wife doesn't know. I'm going to sneak it onto a corner of the hatch glass when she isn't looking.
Output device Art Television set Graffiti Television

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The dealership texted me to let me know the shipper had picked up the Caddy and it's on it's way south! It kind of sucks I'll still be at work when it arrives.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV AWD
43 Posts
The dealership texted me to let me know the shipper had picked up the Caddy and it's on it's way south! It kind of sucks I'll still be at work when it arrives.
Hey ChiefM...Really happy for you and your family about the Limo! I don't think that I could do anything that would make my wife as happy as yours is about this, other than maybe win the lottery!!

Hope that it all works out great!:)

Cad-Driver

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a great one and she is worth every dime and more. I never bought a vehicle off the net or without looking at it before purchase so hopefully I didn't get taken but it's ours now. I'm either going to have a lot of posts on this truck too or this is going to be a short thread, hopefully the latter.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
My Tux t-shirt arrived the other day and my limo hat is arriving today. The baseball cap one won't be in for about 2 more weeks. I already plan on saying yes madam when she rolls down the partition. My wife thinks I'm crazy... well sort of.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts