Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wow, a lot of excitement going on. Take pictures and savor the experience even in what seems like the worst, because that’s often the best if you’re lucky enough to have a picture of it.

I lost the accessory belt on our 08 YXL Denali almost 4 years ago. I was coming off a highway exit from 70 and lost the belt at 40. I was approaching the stoplight at the end of the ramp.
I had six kids with me. The brake booster took the brakes to about 10% of normal. Steering operated only at 20+ mph with brutal force and barely any turning ability. The motor overheated and began to steam obscuring all vision in just 5 seconds.

The motor had to be shut off after shifting into N. I blew through a light that just turned red at the end of the ramp. Cars were just starting to roll. No horn as ignition was still off. The off-ramp went under a train trestle at an odd angle so the turn was 3x as wide on the sweep an normal. I had enough momentum to coast into a Buss parking lot on the other side of the street.

The accessory belt was just replaced but of inferior quality. I thank God for protecting my daughter, nieces and their friends. We opted to have the wife drive the other daughter and her friend in my wife’s 07 Beetle. The Denali didn’t have enough seat belts for the entire crew to take everyone to Knott’s Berry Farm (amusement park) that Halloween.

Explain to the wife & daughter that something stupid breaking on any vehicle can turn dangerous. Help them understand the excitement will still be there when the Limo is ready, but their safety comes first as it’s just a machine. It can’t do it’s job if it’s not looked after like you look over them, your precious cargo.

Taking two vehicles that day kept about 4-500lb of passengers and weight out of the Denali that day. That could have been the dealbreaker for not being able to make that turn with not power steering on a overloaded 3T truck. Do your best, expect the worst. That’s when luck happens …. when preparation meets opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
It's OK I'm a Limo driver
1,324 Posts
The deal for the Limo fell thru, I spent just about all day going back and forth with the dealership on price. I told them what my bank would loan me and what I would pay out of pocket, we could not come to an agreeable price. I may still hear back from them but we were still at a 3 thousand dollars difference. It would have been cool but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I sent them one more offer, I doubt they will take it but it's one more try because my wife really loves that truck. She offered to trade in her Hummer but that's going to happen.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I sent them one more offer, I doubt they will take it but it's one more try because my wife really loves that truck. She offered to trade in her Hummer but that's going to happen.
Are you a Pentagon Federal Credit Union member?

The reason I ask is because the loan to value prospect for the lenders is probably upside down.. The book value of the truck is probably much lower than the asking price.. the banks get cranky when asked to finance above book value. Problem with today is that the book values aren't keeping up with xidenflation.

Anyhow, in the past, Pentagon Federal Credit Union did work with me on an upside down deal before and did come up a few thousand above their evaluation to help me make a deal.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am, the max USAA would loan is $21. The VIN does not reflect it's a limo so that's the main issue. They were stuck on the VIN says this we can't go any higher. I can pay what they want but I'm not going too. I like the back and forth haggle really. I figure I could offer $1500 more and get it, I offered $500 and pay my own tag. I'll see what they say. I will more than likely end up buying it just because the wife really likes it and was kinda heartbroken when I stopped dealing.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I got it for $26,500 out the door. I will still have to pay GA tax and tag and $600 shipping but ITS MINE!!
Well, it's the wife's and she will let me drive her around. Looks like I need to buy the tux tee shirt and chauffeur hat.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
OK it's done, FINALLY!
It should arrive by no later than Thursday/ Friday next week.
I ordered me a new hat. I kind of like that moto. I ordered my Tux T-shirt too. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Well sort of.
Clothing Glasses Outerwear Cap Hat

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Eric,
Quit posting cool stuff. You made me buy my wife a Limo. Thanks! She is already in love with it.

Her first text this morning was love you and have a great day. Within 3 seconds the next test was I was looking at limos last night after you went to bed and I just don't see another I like as much as that one. She didn't know at the time I was still working on the deal. I finally had to tell her because she would see lots of money leaving the account.

We did a face time and it has a few places on the outside that need to be touched up. 2 scratches on the back bumper and a little crease on the right-side rear door. Overall, the truck is in really good condition. He showed me that everything works. Even the seat blowers and heaters work!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have a week to get all the fluids and belts. I'm going to do a complete front to back service on her probably next weekend after it arrives. One good thing is the airbag recall is already done.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Eric,
Quit posting cool stuff. You made me buy my wife a Limo. Thanks! She is already in love with it.

Her first text this morning was love you and have a great day. Within 3 seconds the next test was I was looking at limos last night after you went to bed and I just don't see another I like as much as that one. She didn't know at the time I was still working on the deal. I finally had to tell her because she would see lots of money leaving the account.

We did a face time and it has a few places on the outside that need to be touched up. 2 scratches on the back bumper and a little crease on the right-side rear door. Overall, the truck is in really good condition. He showed me that everything works. Even the seat blowers and heaters work!!
Thumbs up!

You'll get some good $$ on selling the white one. It's all new!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ha, it's not going anywhere!!
I had entertained the thought of either trading it in on the Limo or selling it outright but I just can't do either with all the hard work I have put into it and all the new parts. I know that truck from top to bottom and the car place told me they could not give me even close to what I think it's worth. Max was maybe $7-10 grand trade in.

It will be great to take on our vacations for me, my wife and our son or just around town. But it only seats 4, 2 in the front and 2 in the back. We can fit 7 in the white one and there are times we take 6 or 7 people going out to eat or whatever. My wife also takes her sister and 3 kids around when they come to visit the mom in-law so we need seating capacity.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I noticed when he did the facetime walk around the badges were faded. I contacted the re-badge place to try and order another one for the rear. I didn't really notice the front one but I'm sure it's in the same condition.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Maybe start a new thread for the Limo ESV? When do you take delivery?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It is supposed to be delivered Thursday or no later than Friday. They are detailing it and waiting on the shipper to finalize a shipping day.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts