Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some digging around on market values and came across this one. Looks like they're only using (modified) 3rd row seats and installed a kiosk and TV and other multi-media entertainment. Low miles, too, at 46k. $27k

Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV in Chantilly VA

Car Vehicle Green Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They've been sitting on it for 5 months.. CarFax looks clean and it's had decent (some) dealer service. Figure you'd get $15k+ for your's... dooo eeet.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing that might be a thing with this truck is it might have some body armor and bullet resistant glass.

The hint to this is the wheels and tires. When armored vehicles are built, the weight goes up tremendously and it exceeds the 20-22" tire load rating. So, the coach-builders downsize the wheels to 17's so they can get super heavy duty rated tires.

If serious, I'd ask if they have any info on the coach builder. Looks to be nicely done.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn you Eric!

Congratulations!
You have been approved for financing.

I almost made a bad mistake and said I would trade in 2007. Changed my mind quick like and I am just going to buy it outright. I can't part with my baby. Too many years of blood, sweat and tears in that truck.

My wife is ecstatic and is so excited.
Guess I get a ride in it for family vacation! 😁

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told my wife this is BS, I have spent the better part of 2 or 3 months getting the white one ready for vacation and now she would want to take the black one.
The black one is in unknown condition.. it is nice to think that a 46k mile truck might be unmolested and super clean.. though you never really know until you check it out. It coulda been used as a drug mule for a couple years or who knows what... seems reasonably priced for what it is.. but they have had it in inventory for 5 months.. might be cherry or could be a disaster. Time to call someone you know in the area to check it out

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I sent them one more offer, I doubt they will take it but it's one more try because my wife really loves that truck. She offered to trade in her Hummer but that's going to happen.
Are you a Pentagon Federal Credit Union member?

The reason I ask is because the loan to value prospect for the lenders is probably upside down.. The book value of the truck is probably much lower than the asking price.. the banks get cranky when asked to finance above book value. Problem with today is that the book values aren't keeping up with xidenflation.

Anyhow, in the past, Pentagon Federal Credit Union did work with me on an upside down deal before and did come up a few thousand above their evaluation to help me make a deal.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Eric,
Quit posting cool stuff. You made me buy my wife a Limo. Thanks! She is already in love with it.

Her first text this morning was love you and have a great day. Within 3 seconds the next test was I was looking at limos last night after you went to bed and I just don't see another I like as much as that one. She didn't know at the time I was still working on the deal. I finally had to tell her because she would see lots of money leaving the account.

We did a face time and it has a few places on the outside that need to be touched up. 2 scratches on the back bumper and a little crease on the right-side rear door. Overall, the truck is in really good condition. He showed me that everything works. Even the seat blowers and heaters work!!
Thumbs up!

You'll get some good $$ on selling the white one. It's all new!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Maybe start a new thread for the Limo ESV? When do you take delivery?

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The truck is detailed and ready to go. The delivery people called and said it will be delivered on Thursday before noon.

Poll time!
Do we continue to roll with this thread or start a new one??

What do you think Eric? I didn't mean to hijack your post.
Up to you.. whatever you want to do! Hopefully everything is really good mechanically on the truck and we can just talk about going 4-wheeling through Treasure Island!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
let's see it!

What's the photo above? Looks like a rearview mirror wide angle glass?

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Sweet! I didn't notice the huge sunroof in the dealer pics. That is cool
Same here.. that thing had a massive conversion done to it.. from floor to ceiling and everything in the back, wow.

Custom seats with all of the controls are pretty badass. Looks super awesome!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Are the curtains motorized? From the pleating, looks like a strong maybe?

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Are the windows standard thickness or bullet resistant?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts