Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some digging around on market values and came across this one. Looks like they're only using (modified) 3rd row seats and installed a kiosk and TV and other multi-media entertainment. Low miles, too, at 46k. $27k

Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV in Chantilly VA

Car Vehicle Green Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They've been sitting on it for 5 months.. CarFax looks clean and it's had decent (some) dealer service. Figure you'd get $15k+ for your's... dooo eeet.

·
Registered
It's OK I'm a Limo driver
1,377 Posts
I sent a pic to my wife and she thinks it's kick ass. She keeps asking me if I am thinking about buying it. I submitted a finance request through my bank but we will see. She said if I buy it, we have to take it to car shows.

I said if you let me buy it I will get a chauffeur hat and gloves...

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing that might be a thing with this truck is it might have some body armor and bullet resistant glass.

The hint to this is the wheels and tires. When armored vehicles are built, the weight goes up tremendously and it exceeds the 20-22" tire load rating. So, the coach-builders downsize the wheels to 17's so they can get super heavy duty rated tires.

If serious, I'd ask if they have any info on the coach builder. Looks to be nicely done.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I noticed the rims too; I have seen the same rims and tires on up armored vehicles in Afghanistan. My wife is in love with it, she thinks it super cool.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Damn you Eric!

Congratulations!
You have been approved for financing.

I almost made a bad mistake and said I would trade in 2007. Changed my mind quick like and I am just going to buy it outright. I can't part with my baby. Too many years of blood, sweat and tears in that truck.

My wife is ecstatic and is so excited.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn you Eric!

Congratulations!
You have been approved for financing.

I almost made a bad mistake and said I would trade in 2007. Changed my mind quick like and I am just going to buy it outright. I can't part with my baby. Too many years of blood, sweat and tears in that truck.

My wife is ecstatic and is so excited.
Guess I get a ride in it for family vacation! 😁

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
For some kids they all go to a house and hang out because of a trampoline, a pool, a bowling alley or archery range. Your kid is going to have the popular house and parents because they have a limo ride to all the dances and proms for life.

Tires. Understated with in 17” or 20” rims. I’d say run flat tires. Smart move, we considered one back in 06. There’s no chassis cut and it’s well within its limits.

BTW, you can drink alcohol in back with a livery or other driver . Nice pull!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
For some kids they all go to a house and hang out because of a trampoline, a pool, a bowling alley or archery range. Your kid is going to have the popular house and parents because they have a limo ride to all the dances and proms for life.

Tires. Understated with in 17” or 20” rims. I’d say run flat tires. Smart move, we considered one back in 06. There’s no chassis cut and it’s well within its limits.

BTW, you can drink alcohol in back with a livery or other driver . Nice pull!
We needed another vehicle like a hole in the head but it is pretty kick ass. When my wife went to the website and saw it was ESV length and not stretched, she wanted it. I wish it had 4 seats in the back but it's alright for what we are going to use it for.

I am going to order one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M8F1CZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JD4GGHDQT1NR&psc=1[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The center console can be moved back and two more seats can be put in back around the console. It’s an early 07 sold in 06. Check the build date. Delivery was 11-7-06. It seems unlikely the motor was made before 4-1-06.

All model year 2007 Escalades built prior to 4/1/2006 were built with engines that have all the internal AFM / DOD hardware inside. But the ECM is programmed not to use it, and therefore they run on 8 cylinders all the time.

Damn! That’s going to be fun. Are those factory AMP retracting steps too? Throw that other VCIM in there. Sounds like Disney season passes to me.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I told my wife this is BS, I have spent the better part of 2 or 3 months getting the white one ready for vacation and now she would want to take the black one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told my wife this is BS, I have spent the better part of 2 or 3 months getting the white one ready for vacation and now she would want to take the black one.
The black one is in unknown condition.. it is nice to think that a 46k mile truck might be unmolested and super clean.. though you never really know until you check it out. It coulda been used as a drug mule for a couple years or who knows what... seems reasonably priced for what it is.. but they have had it in inventory for 5 months.. might be cherry or could be a disaster. Time to call someone you know in the area to check it out

·
Registered
2014 Escalade ESV
5 Posts
Take the white one to VA to pick it up and drive it back. If it gives you any issues, hook a tow strap up and keep on truckin'. If it makes the trip back, you can have some confidence in the Disney trip.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
We are going to Orlando but not Disney this time. We are staying the Cabana Bay Beach Resort: Universal Orlando. Going to City Walk and Disney Springs to eat.

Spending one day swimming with the dolphins and feeding flamingoes at Discovery Cove: All-Inclusive Family Resort in Orlando, Florida | Discovery Cove

Then going to the Port for a cruise to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbeans Independence of the seas.

Today they are coming to put up my 4-car carport!!!

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,072 Posts
I see allot of limos in New York and they always choose the 18” rims because the suspension is much better. Also they didn’t have magneride back in 2007.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Sounds like Disney season passes to me.
I grew up in central Florida and love Disney but I can buy 3 Season Passes for Universal with my military discount with no blackout dates for less than one Disney Pass. We loved Volcano Bay and my son keeps saying he wants to go back. Spiderman is his favorite character and he wants to see him again too.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The black one is in unknown condition.. it is nice to think that a 46k mile truck might be unmolested and super clean.. though you never really know until you check it out. It coulda been used as a drug mule for a couple years or who knows what... seems reasonably priced for what it is.. but they have had it in inventory for 5 months.. might be cherry or could be a disaster. Time to call someone you know in the area to check it out
It wouldn't take me but a weekend to go over it, change all the fluids and probably belts. Load test the battery and just do a good check over. Our daughter asked the same question, what if you get it and it needs work? My wife said your dad just got done rebuilding the white one and it would be worth it. She thinks it would be cool to take it to car shows and show it off.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts