Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 41 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shouldn't be this hard to spend this much money.
Statement of the year. Same scenario with Malibu boats... the people who ordered in Oct are still waiting for their boats to be built. Same mess... people are scrambling to find a boat for the summer and there is nothing to buy, factory keeps slipping production dates due to the Texas weather that shut things down and component shortages. They already sent everyone a letter saying 2022 prices are going way up. These boats have MSRPs from $150k-$300k... people want to spend their money and they can't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's the 2021 CPO Escalade selection from Sewell Cadillac in Texas. Six USED Escalades available priced from $107K to $132K. Search Certified Models for Sale in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, & San Antonio (sewell.com)
Guessing the one with 9 miles is something they purchased from a dealer in Canda or something like that. The rest... maybe demo or employee cars (Escalades the employees of the dealership purchased) units they quickly realized they could money on. I hope they get the prices they want for these things. Going to get ugly if the production issues clear up faster then expected.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
These people love their JIT (Just In Time) manufacturing standards they have adopted in recent years to decrease inventory levels. This is what happens when hiccups occur in supply streams. Imagine a container ship sinks with a years supply of sprockets for a mom and pop manufacturing company to supply transmission parts for Ford pickups. How long do you think it would take to requalify a new supplier.

I had a built '18 Escalade take 2 1/2 months to get to South Carolina from Texas. And another 3 weeks from the rail yard to me. Excuse given " We don't have enough transportation capacity". My wife, who had been without a vehicle since a life changing accident almost had a VP of world wide Brand convinced to let us take it from Houston.

Planning isn't a strong point with anyone any more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you please share the trucking company info please. I need to get a transport arrange from Matt’s location to Los Angeles.

QUOTE="Romans9, post: 17928026, member: 1185464"]
No, other than the cost to go get it or have it shipped. I'm from GA and just ordered from Matt last week. Had to do some digging to make sure I wouldn't get hit with double sales tax.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can you please share the trucking company info please. I need to get a transport arrange from Matt’s location to Los Angeles.

No, other than the cost to go get it or have it shipped. I'm from GA and just ordered from Matt last week. Had to do some digging to make sure I wouldn't get hit with double sales tax.
I'm picking mine up. Maybe someone else (or Matt) can assist.

·
Registered
69 Posts

QUOTE="Romans9, post: 17928026, member: 1185464"]
[/QUOTE]
I HIGHLY recommend JP Logistics. I have used them many times to move my cars around. This is not the typical car shipping nightmare of a logistics dispatcher... They have their own trucks, they pick up your car and deliver it to you the way it should be done. Escalade would be a "cheap car" for them. Might be a few dollars more... but trust me... it is SOOOOooooooooo worth it.
Enclosed Car Transport | Exotic Car Transport | JP Logistics

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Black on Black. Love It!!
87 Posts
I just bought TODAY an in stock (1 of only 2 left) 2021 Esv Luxury Sport black on black!! Paid full sticker nothing extra. Got all the money for my trade, 2018 ESV. Pick it up tomorrow.
I was told if I ordered a new one today, minimum 6 months wait for delivery. They have no cars and are waiting for sold cars to be delivered. Got so lucky!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought TODAY an in stock (1 of only 2 left) 2021 Esv Luxury Sport black on black!! Paid full sticker nothing extra. Got all the money for my trade, 2018 ESV. Pick it up tomorrow.
I was told if I ordered a new one today, minimum 6 months wait for delivery. They have no cars and are waiting for sold cars to be delivered. Got so lucky!
Congrats. I tried everything to find an "in stock" at MSRP and gave up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Used this guy to deliver my CTS-V from Chicago wayyyy down south. Professional. Highly recommended by multiple dealers in Chi-town area. Was on his way to drop off a Benz to NY after my delivery.
07B4A472-2672-4B3E-B3CD-8CF2B8CA4497.png

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ve learned that damn near all of these are pre-sold... at least in my area 😒
Yep. And I called dealers from coast to coast. The few I found "available" quickly had their prices raised.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep. And I called dealers from coast to coast. The few I found "available" quickly had their prices raised.
This is also how I found mine (Sport Plat w/ SC loaded). It took a week or two to find one that was in transit and close to delivery, but eventually I found 2 — one in New Mexico and one in Cincinnati. Put deposits on both just in case, and took the first to arrive.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Guessing the one with 9 miles is something they purchased from a dealer in Canda or something like that. The rest... maybe demo or employee cars (Escalades the employees of the dealership purchased) units they quickly realized they could money on. I hope they get the prices they want for these things. Going to get ugly if the production issues clear up faster then expected.
GM has already stated that they are going to start limiting supply after this is done as well. If true, the days of getting "good" discounts are going to be mostly gone. Dealerships are not going to have crazy amount of stock anymore.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is also how I found mine (Sport Plat w/ SC loaded). It took a week or two to find one that was in transit and close to delivery, but eventually I found 2 — one in New Mexico and one in Cincinnati. Put deposits on both just in case, and took the first to arrive.
Did those dealers give you decent deals on incoming units?

21 - 41 of 54 Posts