Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just visited a dealer and was advised that Cadillac is no longer accepting new orders for Escalades. He said the reason was because the current ship time is 6+months. Has anyone else run into this issue? The dealer had two in stock by were charging 40k over MSRP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey I just visited a dealer and was advised that Cadillac is no longer accepting new orders for Escalades. He said the reason was because the current ship time is 6+months. Has anyone else run into this issue? The dealer had two in stock by were charging 40k over MSRP.
Find a new dealer. They know the prices are going up daily (but I don't think anyone is paying $30kvor $40k over MSRP) Your dealer is greedy. I am sure if you told him you would give him all the money upfront and non-refundable @ $40k over MSRP he would have you an order number tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Carguyatl

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered on 4/12, Matt @ Lockhart said it's going into Production this week. Like others on this forum, I called Matt after my local dealership in Tx started playing games. I'd call Matt and skip all that BS.

Matt Mustafa
Lockhart Cadillac
Office: 317.577.1551

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered on 4/12, Matt @ Lockhart said it's going into Production this week. Like others on this forum, I called Matt after my local dealership in Tx started playing games. I'd call Matt and skip all that BS.

Matt Mustafa
Lockhart Cadillac
Office: 317.577.1551
That's sounds like a good idea but are there any additional costs involved since I am in Georgia and Lockhart Cadillac is in Indiana?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's sounds like a good idea but are there any additional costs involved since I am in Georgia and Lockhart Cadillac is in Indiana?
Whatever your shipping is. To Texas I think it's about $1k. They charge MSRP and used to honor the Costco discount (they posted on this forum somewhere about it), not sure if that's still an option. But you're not paying $30k over MSRP and get exactly what you want :)

IDK though, call him and see if it makes sense for you.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury & 2021 CT5 Luxury Premium
646 Posts
People are paying MSRP and above for a vehicle? Cadillac must be a happy camper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
People are paying MSRP and above for a vehicle? Cadillac must be a happy camper.
I would guess Cadillac isn't too happy right now seeing as they cannot get their product into customers hands. The dealers on the other hand....

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury & 2021 CT5 Luxury Premium
646 Posts
I would guess Cadillac isn't too happy right now seeing as they cannot get their product into customers hands. The dealers on the other hand....
Yes, dealers are probably jumping for joy also. But, supply and demand. As long as there is a demand, Cadillac will probably keep looking for a way to provide the supply.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Premium
326 Posts
Nobody is winning. Dealers are only selling a fraction of the units they normally do. This will take at least half a year to straighten out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nobody is winning. Dealers are only selling a fraction of the units they normally do. This will take at least half a year to straighten out.
Completely agree. No one is winning. Dealers are turning people away and they are going to other brands because they are told $20-$30k over MSRP or "it will take 6-9 months to get your car" Dealers are loosing customers. GM is loosing customers. And the few people who are paying MSRP+ are going to likely regret that decision in 1-2 years when new Escalades (likely with a few updates) are selling for -$10k MSRP. Some people won't care about lighting the money on fire, but most people with money got there because they were wise enough to no make really dumb decisions.

Reactions: Carguyatl

·
Registered
59 Posts
Completely agree. No one is winning. Dealers are turning people away and they are going to other brands because they are told $20-$30k over MSRP or "it will take 6-9 months to get your car" Dealers are loosing customers. GM is loosing customers. And the few people who are paying MSRP+ are going to likely regret that decision in 1-2 years when new Escalades (likely with a few updates) are selling for -$10k MSRP. Some people won't care about lighting the money on fire, but most people with money got there because they were wise enough to no make really dumb decisions.
Curious is you are getting a 2021 Escalade after the above comments?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Curious is you are getting a 2021 Escalade after the above comments?
Yes... because Matt @ Lockhart is awesome. Would I pay $20k-$30k over MSRP for an Escalade? No way. There are very few cars in this world that might demand that type of premium... the Escalade is not one of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Completely agree. I will wait a few months for a 2022 model as I am sure there will be updates and hopefully the chip shortage issue is resolved. In addition to dealing with dealers overpricing the SUV if I buy a 2021 model now I would hate to find out about new updates in a few months on a 2022 model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Completely agree. I will wait a few months for a 2022 model as I am sure there will be updates and hopefully the chip shortage issue is resolved. In addition to dealing with dealers overpricing the SUV if I buy a 2021 model now I would hate to find out about new updates in a few months on a 2022 model.
Same here. Recently canceled my order and will try to get in early on 2022 model. Hopefully supply issues straightened out by then and even when manufacturers claim everything is hold over there is always little bug fixes and some new part numbers. Didn't want to take delivery in July or August when next model year is out in October. Disappointed but overall not a big deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same here. Recently canceled my order and will try to get in early on 2022 model. Hopefully supply issues straightened out by then and even when manufacturers claim everything is hold over there is always little bug fixes and some new part numbers. Didn't want to take delivery in July or August when next model year is out in October. Disappointed but overall not a big deal.
I don't know if we'll be seeing 2022's by October, given the fact that they can't keep up with 2021 orders now (you may be able to place the order by then). The chip shortage has no end in sight, take a look at used car values... mine is up like 30% from last year... as nuts as that sounds!! They won't be able to ramp up production until that chip problem is resolved.

I agree that buying a 2021 in July/August and getting hit with a depreciation after a few months is not ideal. I just placed my order last week and it is yet to be picked up... so if it is a mid-summer delivery I might just pass and wait as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agreed. At this point it makes no sense to buy a 2021 unless you need a vehicle asap. The last gen I waited until 2016 ànd was glad I did. The infotainment processor was updated lane departure was added and I think the emblems were updated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if we'll be seeing 2022's by October, given the fact that they can't keep up with 2021 orders now (you may be able to place the order by then). The chip shortage has no end in sight, take a look at used car values... mine is up like 30% from last year... as nuts as that sounds!! They won't be able to ramp up production until that chip problem is resolved.

I agree that buying a 2021 in July/August and getting hit with a depreciation after a few months is not ideal. I just placed my order last week and it is yet to be picked up... so if it is a mid-summer delivery I might just pass and wait as well.
The dates for model year orders and production are already set so to some degree the process resets on those dates. The thing i don't know is what happens to the 2021 orders that aren't picked up and given a production date within that time frame? There doesn't seem to be anything that stops dealers from taking as many orders as they want to, so I suspect that in another month or two they will have production planned out and there will be a lot of 2021 orders that just go unfilled. There also doesn't seem to be any sort of first come first served component to the process tho so trying to be first in line for next model year is also probably a waste of effort. It's all a total guessing game and seems to be needlessly complicated. Some of the constraints have nothing to do with microchips but that's always the excuse given. The other thing I could see happening is the last several weeks of production of 2021 model year being entirely ordered vehicles that are already sold..... stick it to everyone last minute by finally picking up their order and don't stick dealers with previous model year vehicles sitting on their lot. Win win for them. All in all just sick of the mess so am stepping back from it for a few months. Shouldn't be this hard to spend this much money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No, other than the cost to go get it or have it shipped. I'm from GA and just ordered from Matt last week. Had to do some digging to make sure I wouldn't get hit with double sales tax.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts