Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t heard from my sales person yet but a buddy of mine who has a deposit at a sister dealership was just informed that he will be charged a $20,000 ADM even though he has bought hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cars from the dealer in the past. What are you all hearing?

·
Registered
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
946 Posts
My dealership is also charging ADM to all but their best customers.

I'm not sure how that's going to go though, especially with the current volatility in the financial markets.

My sense is that Cadillac has pushed the price point of the V so much that they've all but taken all the meat off the bone for dealers to charge an ADM on this car. A lot of my friends have lost interest because they don't see value in this car as far as what you get for the price, much less for more money. It seems more than all the money for what you get, but I've been wrong so many times over the last couple of years about how much people are willing to pay for stuff that I've stopped predicting how things are going to go.

That said when I went by yesterday they told me that over fifty people had put their name on the list for one of them since the price was announced, so at least for now, it doesn't seem that there's any reason to think that supply will outweigh demand so as to render markups moot.

For my part I have my dealer's first allocation at msrp and I'm 50/50 on whether I will take it, I certainly wouldn't pay a dollar more for it. But that doesn't mean others won't, and dealers will certainly try to test the boundaries of how much over people are willing to pay. Basically ADMs will be there with every non msrp dealer until unsold allocations start populating their systems.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My dealership is also charging ADM to all but their best customers.

I'm not sure how that's going to go though, especially with the current volatility in the financial markets.

My sense is that Cadillac has pushed the price point of the V so much that they've all but taken all the meat off the bone for dealers to charge an ADM on this car. A lot of my friends have lost interest because they don't see value in this car as far as what you get for the price, much less for more money. It seems more than all the money for what you get, but I've been wrong so many times over the last couple of years about how much people are willing to pay for stuff that I've stopped predicting how things are going to go.

That said when I went by yesterday they told me that over fifty people had put their name on the list for one of them since the price was announced, so at least for now, it doesn't seem that there's any reason to think that supply will outweigh demand so as to render markups moot.

For my part I have my dealer's first allocation at msrp and I'm 50/50 on whether I will take it, I certainly wouldn't pay a dollar more for it. But that doesn't mean others won't, and dealers will certainly try to test the boundaries of how much over people are willing to pay. Basically ADMs will be there with every non msrp dealer until unsold allocations start populating their systems.
I’m in a similar area to you with this. My name was down since it was released months ago. Bought several Escalades from here. 150k already past my point for an Escalade. If I’m spending 170 I’m most likely placing that money somewhere else and sticking with my sport platinum.
I did speak to my dealer yesterday and he told me as of now the first ones WILL NOT have SC. He told me to absolutely wait if that’s the case. He said it’s nuts to spend 150 and not get that.

·
Vendor
366 Posts
I’m in a similar area to you with this. My name was down since it was released months ago. Bought several Escalades from here. 150k already past my point for an Escalade. If I’m spending 170 I’m most likely placing that money somewhere else and sticking with my sport platinum.
I did speak to my dealer yesterday and he told me as of now the first ones WILL NOT have SC. He told me to absolutely wait if that’s the case. He said it’s nuts to spend 150 and not get that.
That is a false statement. Super Cruise and it's availability has not been talked about for 2023 model year. And that's on any trim. V starts production in July. A lot can happen between now and then.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is a false statement. Super Cruise and it's availability has not been talked about for 2023 model year. And that's on any trim. V starts production in July. A lot can happen between now and then.
They were stating as of now. Of course things could change. Look how many times it changed with the 21 and 22s. I still do wish they had whisper beige available

any idea when you can build it online

·
Vendor
366 Posts
They were stating as of now. Of course things could change. Look how many times it changed with the 21 and 22s. I still do wish they had whisper beige available

any idea when you can build it online
We have not been told. *As of now is only for 2022 model year. Cadillac has said nothing about 2023.

·
Registered
☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
946 Posts
I honestly don't mind if it doesn't have SC. I'd be buying this truck with the intent to enjoy its performance, any mile that I'm not fully engaged in the experience is a wasted mile for me. I drove my Durango Hellcat for almost a year and didn't use cruise control once, same thing with my current CT5 V Blackwing that replaced it. :)

Speaking of the Durango Hellcat, that thing just became the value of the century. It had a $85k msrp and will smoke the V both on the straights and around corners. Sure it's smaller and nowhere near as nice, but if one cares more about driving dynamics than luxury and prestige, that'd be the one to get if they were still making it. The sky V is better in every way other than performance, not sure it's $65k better.

Anyway, I'm still 50/50 on it ... which means I will prolly get it. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I honestly don't mind if it doesn't have SC. I'd be buying this truck with the intent to enjoy its performance, any mile that I'm not fully engaged in the experience is a wasted mile for me. I drove my Durango Hellcat for almost a year and didn't use cruise control once, same thing with my current CT5 V Blackwing that replaced it. :)

Speaking of the Durango Hellcat, that thing just became the value of the century. It had a $85k msrp and will smoke the V both on the straights and around corners. Sure it's smaller and nowhere near as nice, but if one cares more about driving dynamics than luxury and prestige, that'd be the one to get if they were still making it. The sky V is better in every way other than performance, not sure it's $65k better.

I had a Hellcat Redeye and loved it and the looks are off the charts to me. The Durango HC does nothing for me the way the V does. Wish I got in on the Trackhawk back in the day.

·
Registered
110 Posts
now the question will GM allow supplier discount to be used. Im lucky with my dealer at MSRP and supplier discount if allowed.

·
Registered
173 Posts

My thing for SC is when I take this for 3-4 our trips on a boarding straight road. Truthfully I use the regular cruise control more as I still find it weird steering for me. But I do like having that option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts