Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading last year in a Motor Trend that there is a after market super charger out for the Escalade (maybe it is turbo? I thought it was super though) anyway, it is around $8000, but boosts power from 345hp to something near 480hp or maybe 500 or so, I don't remember to much about it, but that would be an amazing part to throw on.... IIRC it would just bolt right up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do a search on Google.com and you will find your answer. There is a GM authorized aftermarket upgrade for your engince which can be installed by your dealer to get you the ponies you describe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, we almost bought a supercharged escalade, but it was overpriced for a 2002 model, and it took premium fuel. So we opted for the 2003 Escalade instead. There are a ton of superchargers out for the escalade. And the one you mentioned is a supercharger. I got to ride in one, and I couldnt really feel that much of a difference, but I did like the aftermarket exhaust they put on it. Thats about it though. $8000? Not worth it. A DTS is still faster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pro-Charger makes a supercharger for the Escalade/H2. It is about 5k but is supposed to be the best of the best. It too is a bolt on, and gives up to a 70% increase in horse power. I'm toying with the Idea of selling my vette and putting some of that money towards the performance of my truck since this is what I always drive. 345hp to 586hp for 5k....hmmmmmmm that's about 21 bucks a pony.......:worship:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve got a Powerdyne supercharger on my 2002 Escalade EXT, I’m very happy with it, it’s easy to bolt on and it comes with a computer programmer, it’s about $5000.00 but also calls for exhaust system and hedders so I went with borla exhaust and hedman hedders I’m doing 14.9 at the track. Not bad for a heavy truck with 22” wheels. If you would like to see more pictures of my truck you can, go to www.ceoclub.ca and go to member’s gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
CEO club said:
I’ve got a Powerdyne supercharger on my 2002 Escalade EXT, I’m very happy with it, it’s easy to bolt on and it comes with a computer programmer, it’s about $5000.00 but also calls for exhaust system and hedders so I went with borla exhaust and hedman hedders I’m doing 14.9 at the track. Not bad for a heavy truck with 22” wheels. If you would like to see more pictures of my truck you can, go to www.ceoclub.ca and go to member’s gallery.
did you change your transmission?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No i didn't but I wish I had one or two more gears added, I’m pushing its max, I’m at my top speed, my computer only allows my truck to go to 5 and a half RPM, it red lines at 6 thousand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What about the injectors. I've heard that with the increased air intake, injectors may not be able to keep up.....did you have to do anything with them?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
There is an EXT running around the clearwater, fl area with a "Supercharged" badge from the Buick lineup. I presume this is why, as it actually looks kind of tacky.

·
Registered
Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1
292 Posts
02escalade said:
What about the injectors. I've heard that with the increased air intake, injectors may not be able to keep up.....did you have to do anything with them?
I can only speak for myself, I know that my Magnacharger kit for my 2002 came with larger injectors. That was one of the first things that the tech changed. Had a custom program for the Truck that removes the factory speed limiter. It runs great,original tranny still in it knock on wood. :2thumbs:

·
Registered
30 Posts
blown black caddy said:
I can only speak for myself, I know that my Magnacharger kit for my 2002 came with larger injectors. That was one of the first things that the tech changed. Had a custom program for the Truck that removes the factory speed limiter. It runs great,original tranny still in it knock on wood. :2thumbs:
Hey...Thanks....How long (miles) have you had your magnacharger? What kind of hp increase did you get?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts