Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for the forums members opinions on the 2012/2013 Premium package. What do you like or dislike about this package? I'm on the fence about this package, do like the power running boards, but not crazy about the wheels, door handles and front grill--wish they were chrome!

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
I'm guessing you mean the 12/13 model years cause the earlier version were basically the same as the luxury but with the power assist steps and a couple of other small options.

Obviously I like it because I traded a 11 Premium for it. I prefer the more discreet and sportier look with a lot less chrome than all the other versions. It works better with some colors than others. But I also understand it's not everybody's taste ... some folks find the grey tails/3rd particularly egregious ... not me tho, I think it's the sexiest truckass around. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct , should have mentioned the 12/13 model years. That is a badass truck. Do the wheels have any reflective surfaces like the chrome wheels?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks man ...

The wheels are very funky in a good way. They are a combination of a brushed/polished satin finish and the chrome center caps. The greyish look of them flows really well with the grey tail lights and the chrome caps complement the other chrome elements on the truck. And in the sun they do reflect light quite a bit, but obviously nowhere near as much as chrome:

It just all works together well imo.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior
264 Posts
The wheels, handles and grilles are easy to change if you want chrome. Adding the power steps is not. So I would get a Premium to have the power steps and then later change those parts to chrome if the look does not grow on you.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
To me it depends on the color, I dechromed one of my white 2007's back in 2007, it's a personally choice, did not like it as much as the stock look. I like the all chrome platinum wheels over the gray brushed wheels, and I even just did a set of platinum wheels in black chrome, will post pics when I get back home next week. Get what you like, it does not matter what anyone else thinks you're paying. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
personally for me i hate the power steps from past experiances... and i like chrome.... especially on black.

·
Registered
escalade
60 Posts
I went with Luxury sport and added the power assist steps. I flip flopped with premium, but in the end I didnt want certain options that came with the premium. I like the dual exhaust of the premium but I like the all red lights on the mocha steel more than the clear set up.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
personally for me i hate the power steps from past experiances... and i like chrome.... especially on black.
My first 9 Escalade's were without the power steps because I spend the winters in the deep snow and ice and watched friends and families trucks not work because of this, I have had no issues with mine, I keep them lubed and clean and they keep working.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
Well then why didn't you tell me this before! jeepers creepers!:)

Yeah I was on the fence becasue I was really liking the Platinum, but the power boards kept me away and i wasnt sure if i wanted the every so lovely super soft leather with dogs and babies.... but i'm sure this won't be my last escalade anyways.

Cheers

----------

And you are right about the color... some look better than others with certain options.

----------

Definately curious to see the black chrome wheels as well!

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
I guess I could say I'm partial to mine... But, the color keyed platinum looking grille is a nice touch. And, I'm not a fan of the looks of the regular platinum edition, nor the price!;)

I also think i'm going to see about getting the chrome cadillac placard above the license plate replaced, with that half black/chrome one on the new premium package(as pictured on Soulsea's) I LIKE that!! Curious on the part number and price? Chris?? Where you at when I need you!! :D

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Well then why didn't you tell me this before! jeepers creepers!:)

Yeah I was on the fence becasue I was really liking the Platinum, but the power boards kept me away and i wasnt sure if i wanted the every so lovely super soft leather with dogs and babies.... but i'm sure this won't be my last escalade anyways.

Cheers

----------

And you are right about the color... some look better than others with certain options.

----------

Definately curious to see the black chrome wheels as well!

Because if I would have said something mine would probably stop working, no seriously I was not sure what was going to happen because of all the failures I have seen up north, but 2 years without an issue in that weather is very good. We did the wheels for a customer/friend, he maybe getting the next set because I amplanning on putting these on my truck after the storm is over, we have gotten 3 feet of snow since Monday and it's suppose to keep snowing until Friday.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
22 Posts
I love mine. Had an 08 platinum and loved the exterior look, but not so much a fan of the interior. My now wife, then girlfriend called it the turd because of the multiple shades of brown used. Anyways, I liked the standard interior better, but the Premium package I feel really updates the whole car and makes it stand out from the 2007-2008 trucks that are now going on 6 years old. Without a redesign being out, I feel this is the best way to go. Plus, it offers a custom look without being over the top with chrome, which is really where today's post-recession automotive design is going, with a lot of monochromatic paint and toning down the bling.

Be sure to get the LED lights, they are plenty bright I think and look really sharp, and again differentiate your 2013 from an 07. Mine as you'll notice has platinum wheels in chrome, which I think is the best look for this. Here a guy who bought a plat at the dealer didn't want them, and asked that they switch the premium wheel onto it, so it was like this when I got it and it was no up charge: his loss, my gain.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette
517 Posts
Hey Guys

I was looking at your pictures of the premiums and I was wondering if the fender vents you have are standard. I would like to change mine to those if it can easily be done. One of the main reasons I did not get the premium is the boards do not seem to operate well in Michigan.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The 12/13 Premium fender vents are indeed colormatched as a standard feature to complement the colormatched door handles, door moldings, hood molding, and grille surround.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ozzy I like that air blue 80 windshield tint you're using ... I just ordered me some.

Hopefully it won't change my night vision more than a smidgen.

Nice truck btw. My previous Esky had the chrome Platinum 22" inch rims like yours and I could have kept them for this truck and sold my old one with the Premium polished ones, but decided to keep the new look for now since I'm probably gonna get some 24s and a drop soonish. Both versions work well imo.

·
Registered
07 Cadillac Escalade
155 Posts
soulsea said:
Ozzy I like that air blue 80 windshield tint you're using ... I just ordered me some.
You have any more pics of this? I couldn't see it closely on @Ozzy pics?.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
22 Posts
You have any more pics of this? I couldn't see it closely on @Ozzy pics?.
The Airblue doesn't change the look a whole lot, but it does keep some of the heat off when you have black interior. It does just darken things up just enough to make everything else seem darker. It doesn't change your vision much at all IMHO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts