Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Escalade 2 weeks and mold is present in the air conditioner. I drove 90 miles Wednesday to have Lojack and Stonex taken care of. I told the salesman about the mold issues and my severe allergy. He said they would check it out. I got a call 3 hours later and was told to wait until 2000 miles to see if it would clear out. "Hopefully it wont bother me too bad" he said. Sure, I've been to the DR twice in 9 days. 3 shots, steroids and a lot of coughing. I'm very disappointed. My husband ordered this in September. It was delivered on January 7, 2015 and I took possession of on January 9, 2015. My sticker price was $96,000.00 can't turn around and trade it but can't do this for 5 years. It must have sat for a while or got wet. Something went wrong..... We were told on November 26th 2014 it went into production. Was so excited, now disappointed. Any advice before I call my attorney on Monday? I don't even have my license plate yet! This is ridiculous...

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
My advice is take it to the dealer and drop it off. Tell them not to call you to pick it up until it's resolved. They will have to replace whatever is molded, if it is molded. If they won't do it, take it to a different dealer. You should be able to find a dealer that is willing to deliver good customer service and take care of the issue for you. These cars aren't cheap. I would also place a call to Cadillac customer assistance center if none of the dealers are willing to assist you.

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
Unless something is completely blocked, you should not be able to grow the mold inside the hvac case already. You can request the hvac filter be changed and apply the coil coating per the bulletin.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Even if the car was built when you ordered it in Sept there could be no mold in the AC.
It takes years and sometimes decades to get mold in Hotel AC room units.
Your AC has not been in existence that long.
The Cadillac has filters in the AC air intake or air into the cabin.
If it is a Platinum, it was only built in the last month to month and a half or so.
My Platinum was built Dec 17 and I received it one week ago.
I have a neighbor who is also susceptible to Mold and can detect it when no one else can.
Sometimes we thing she is a little off, but it usually turns out to be mold.
Some people are good detectors.
But a dealer or a second dealer should fix it for you immediately.
Call Cadillac Customer Care or go to their thread in this forum.
They will make sure it gets fixed or will give you a dealer that will help you.
2000 miles is or can be months.
Whoever told you that considering your condition is wrong.

You have several avenues.
1. a. One is your dealer where you bought it.
b. The dealer closest to you
2. The Cadillac Customer Care (CCC). they will set up a case file and dealer has to sign dealer management gets involved.
When a dealer is contacted by customer care they are not happy. they get a lot of paper work to document your problem and how they solved it.
even sometimes for innocent things like asking CCC status of your vehicle which is or should be being built.
I wanted 8 months and the dealer got a case every week form me.
I usually called CCC when dealer would fail to give me a weekly status update.
3. The BBB to act as arbitrator.
4. Lemon Law, Lemon Law Attorney
5. GM BuyBack.

Has you allergy doc given you a regular face mask or an inhalation face mask. The can be obtained in any medical supply store.
Once mold gets in your lungs, it never leaves. Mold likes dark damp places.

GOOD LUCK AND STAY HEALTHY.

I've had my Escalade 2 weeks and mold is present in the air conditioner. I drove 90 miles Wednesday to have Lojack and Stonex taken care of. I told the salesman about the mold issues and my severe allergy. He said they would check it out. I got a call 3 hours later and was told to wait until 2000 miles to see if it would clear out. "Hopefully it wont bother me too bad" he said. Sure, I've been to the DR twice in 9 days. 3 shots, steroids and a lot of coughing. I'm very disappointed. My husband ordered this in September. It was delivered on January 7, 2015 and I took possession of on January 9, 2015. My sticker price was $96,000.00 can't turn around and trade it but can't do this for 5 years. It must have sat for a while or got wet. Something went wrong..... We were told on November 26th 2014 it went into production. Was so excited, now disappointed. Any advice before I call my attorney on Monday? I don't even have my license plate yet! This is ridiculous...

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
GM-4-LIFE said:
My advice is take it to the dealer and drop it off. Tell them not to call you to pick it up until it's resolved. They will have to replace whatever is molded, if it is molded. If they won't do it, take it to a different dealer. You should be able to find a dealer that is willing to deliver good customer service and take care of the issue for you. These cars aren't cheap. I would also place a call to Cadillac customer assistance center if none of the dealers are willing to assist you.
X2 on this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update... The smell was better for about a week but it is back. Still on steroids. I think my first payment of $1700. Is coming up. Now experiencing all problems with vehicle that seems to get worse.
Not sure where we will end up :pensive::pensive:

S

·
0 Posts
I've had a similar problem in my 2008 Corvette. Here is what I did to remedy. About one mile from the house, I would turn off the A/C, but switch the fan to a "high" setting. This would blow out any remaining dampness in the system. What was going on in my Corvette was the A/C dampness was remaining in the system when it was parked. Overnight it would turn moldy smelling, and I would get a terrible smell when I started the car in the morning. There was a TSB about this problem years ago for the Corvettes. You could give this a try and see if it works for you. Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts