Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a traffic light yesterday and looked accross the intersection and there sat a Chevy pickup with a Escalade front end. When the light turned and the pickup passed it had Cadillac taillights as well. Very nice job.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
what you saw is a step up for the chevy, but the one I saw three months ago on the LIE in NY was a Cadillac Escalade( 02/06 ) with a Chevy front End, I couldn't Believe my eyes. Tried to make a picture with my cell, but was too hazy. thats a step down for the Escalade.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I used to see a lot of that out in California with the 99 front end.
Most of the stuff will bolt right on to any of the trucks with the same body style. Sometimes you have to replace the front fenders for a proper fit.

It seems like it would be cheaper just to buy what you want rather than turn something cheap into something that looks like a Cadi... but isn't.

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
I see 3 or 4 of those a day. They're called the Chevy Avalanche. :bouncy:

Go Bucharest!

~Doc

the one I saw three months ago on the LIE in NY was a Cadillac Escalade( 02/06 ) with a Chevy front End, I couldn't Believe my eyes. Tried to make a picture with my cell, but was too hazy. thats a step down for the Escalade.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
I see 3 or 4 of those a day. They're called the Chevy Avalanche. :bouncy:

Go Bucharest!

~Doc

Bro I know a chevy Avalanche from a cadillac escalade when I see one.
The one that I saw was not a pick up it was a standard size SUV Cadillac Escalade 02/06 but with a Chevy front End, with all the Cadillac emblems in place , in the back and the sides, only the front belongs to a chevy. :want:

·
Registered
2009 DTS Performance
210 Posts
Rear of the A-pillars, the only items that visually diffentiate the Escalade EXT from an Avalanche are:

- The roof rack side rails
- The floor boards
- The taillights
- The rear emblem
- The finish on the base of the tailgate, the outboard storage boxes, and the bezel to the CHMSL (along with the CHMSL itself).

If you poke around the Avalanche boards a bit, you'll see there ARE guys who want to build an EXT out of an Avalanche and do it. With their age, there now are EXT's in junkyards, waiting to get the aforementioned parts picked if the creator does not wish to buy the parts new.

Sorry about my previous sarcasm, it was not called-for. The 3 - 4 Avalanche' I see daily are not modded like the above. But I HAVE seen what I mention above once or twice IRL - once at a car show.

To put a Chevy front-end on an EXT - sorry, I don't think anyone for any reason has done that. BUT, the build I discuss HAS been done, "fo-sho'"

cheers,

~Doc

--

Bro I know a chevy Avalanche from a cadillac escalade when I see one.
The one that I saw was not a pick up it was a standard size SUV Cadillac Escalade 02/06 but with a Chevy front End, with all the Cadillac emblems in place , in the back and the sides, only the front belongs to a chevy. :want:

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Once again I repeat it is not an EXT or an ESV it is a standard SUV Cadillac Escalade.
It sounds ridicules to you as it does to me , but I saw what I saw, but as you said could be for show or whatever.......

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Guys I see that you are too much possessive with " YOUR THREAD" , I was just trying to share my info with everybody on this forum, but apperantly I was wrong.
And Doc , I didn't divide the thread in 2, but still talking about the front end of a car, being an EXT or an ESV is secondary.
But anyhow thanks for everything guys, nice talking to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts