Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Hey guys so I'm 16 years old and my parents bought me a 2009 escalade it's not the esv they told me it was the short sport kind? And well after I while I noticed that it kinda hesitated when accelerating from a stop and when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear I hear a
Clunk noise in the middle of the truck and the air shocks are always Turning on why would it be because my rear right tire is always
Kinda low can you guys help anybody got any idea what it could be ?? And how much it would cost ?? I took it to he dealership but I'm 16 it's expesnsive to get a single diagnostic and I was charged $140 all they did was tell me it was fine it's not I always hear a clunk and the air compressors are always turning off can you guys help me please what's the problem with it and how much will it come me to
Fix it before my parents find out help please
does anybody else's escalade make a clunking noise???

Hey guys so I'm 16 years old and my parents bought me a 2009 escalade it's not the esv they told me it was the short sport kind? And well after I while I noticed that it kinda hesitated when accelerating from a stop and when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear I hear a Clunk noise in the middle of the truck and the air shocks are always Turning on why would it be because my rear right tire is always Kinda low can you guys help anybody got any idea what it could be ?? And how much it would cost ?? I took it to he dealership but I'm 16 it's expesnsive to get a single diagnostic and I was charged $140 all they did was tell me it was fine it's not I always hear a clunk and the air compressors are always turning off can you guys help me please what's the problem with it and how much will it come me to Fix it before my parents find out help please does anybody else's escalade make a clunking noise??? Please guys help out

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,455 Posts
Re: Please look!!!! Escalade owners

Good evening, Your 3 identical threads from different threads/forums have been merged into one. Please do NOT multiple-post questions in different forums - let one in the proper forum work for you. Your first post, hijacking a thread, has been deleted from the database.

Rough initiation, I know - but Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

You might want to go to the Site News and Registration forums to study the Site Rules and Guidelines.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang haha yea sorry but thanks I'll check it out

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
Not sure about the clunking noise. But the compressor always turning on probably means you have a leak in your rear shocks. It is a pretty common problem. You can't repair the oem shocks you have to replace. Many posters in here including myself have avoided the dealer for ordering these parts because of cost. (Looking at $400-500) instead buying from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JM6NH1M/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1424559237&sr=8-1&keywords=580+1057&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=31m9zQI9SjL&ref=plSrch

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Re: Please look!!!! Escalade owners help

I saw somewhere in another post that an O-ring on the compressor is a known source of the air leak and not the shocks. Hope it helps if you can find it. Does the truck have any of the warrantee remaining or Extended Warrantee on it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the clunk and the compressor sound is a separate thing but no it was used haha not brand new but it looks perfect and ok thanks guys I'll check it out thank you very much I'll see what happens and post what I had to do to get it fixed

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
If it's clunking when gears shift its most likely your transmission. Don't beat on the truck. If it's clunking over bumps theres something loose under there

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like the trans is gonna fail???? Oh boy...

----------

It's just when accelerating you hear the clunk when accelerating and it goes from. 2nd to 3rd gear

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
gloz28 said:
Like the trans is gonna fail???? Oh boy... ---------- It's just when accelerating you hear the clunk when accelerating and it goes from. 2nd to 3rd gear
It's possible but I wouldn't rule it bad just yet. Does it do it all the time? Strictly from 2nd to 3rd?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea all the time sometimes less often but all the time 2nd to third I had less acceleration at one point and hessitation and I'm about to put in a new throttle position sensor but yea 2nd to 3rd gear I hear the clunk

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts

Check with your dealer, I thought there was a TSB for the clunk.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no idea what a TSB is and I went but they checked it out and told me it was fine and charged me 140 for nothing

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Technical service bulletin, why did they charge you for nothing... Sounds like about and hour and a half labor charge

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They did nothing to my car they just checked it for one problem to see if they could find what was causing the clunk that's all they looked for nothing else and in an hour $140

----------

I can send a pic of a tbs I thinkit might be the one private message me your number and I'll send you a pic of the tbs I can't post it idk why it won't let me

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
gloz28 said:
They did nothing to my car they just checked it for one problem to see if they could find what was causing the clunk that's all they looked for nothing else and in an hour $140 ---------- I can send a pic of a tbs I thinkit might be the one private message me your number and I'll send you a pic of the tbs I can't post it idk why it won't let me
Try http://imgur.com

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts

Or photobucket.

......And we don't know each other well enough to be swapping numbers and taking our relationship to the next level....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really holland lmao ok I'm on it

----------

Ugh it's saying demension sizes

----------

Here it is please read over it and tell me what I can do with this knowledge
http://imgur.com/Lbra4RF

----------

Any results guys haha ?? Dang am I the youngest in the forum ??

1 - 20 of 71 Posts