Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help weighing the pros and cons here. I currently have a 2002 Escalade AWD. I have had 3 previous STS cars. I am considering trading down from the Escalade to a 2003 STS with navigation/sunroof. I really really want the ability to have navigation/sunroof and the ability to play DVDs.

The Escalade is ultimately gonna be better in the winter and has more room. It looks more luxurious. No nav/sun. 96k miles.

The STS is quicker and funner to drive. I feel more comfortable driving the STS. I won't get near as many looks. Nav/sunroof. Slighty better gas mileage. Less than 70k miles.

What would you do? My whole family says Im crazy.

D

·
0 Posts
Escalade all the way, 100%. Listen to your family, you are having a crazy spell right now. So stop whining and keep your Escalade.:crybaby:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
I need some help weighing the pros and cons here. I currently have a 2002 Escalade AWD. I have had 3 previous STS cars. I am considering trading down from the Escalade to a 2003 STS with navigation/sunroof. I really really want the ability to have navigation/sunroof and the ability to play DVDs.

The Escalade is ultimately gonna be better in the winter and has more room. It looks more luxurious. No nav/sun. 96k miles.

The STS is quicker and funner to drive. I feel more comfortable driving the STS. I won't get near as many looks. Nav/sunroof. Slighty better gas mileage. Less than 70k miles.

What would you do? My whole family says Im crazy.
v6 or v8?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
An 02 Escalade with almost 100k? Trust me... an 03 STS Luxury Performance with Nav will *not* be a step down. Your comparing apples and oranges so I dont know what answer youre looking for.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Escalade all the way, 100%. Listen to your family, you are having a crazy spell right now. So stop whining and keep your Escalade.:crybaby:
:thepan: My fiance says that too!

The 03 STS is a V8. While the Escalade stills runs like its brand new, the warranty will be up in a few thousand miles and I don't really want to have to deal with any major repairs where I could get an STS with half the miles and more features.

Playdrv4me, you think like me. I guess you must have to have driven an STS before to know what it's all about.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems you're really into the Seville STS.. I'd say go wih that Seville unless you can get a new Escalade. They're fun to drive with all the power..
I definitely cannot afford a new Escalade. My 02 is paid for, and I'm gonna wait for the right deal to come along and not rush anything on trading it off.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
:thepan: My fiance says that too!

The 03 STS is a V8. While the Escalade stills runs like its brand new, the warranty will be up in a few thousand miles and I don't really want to have to deal with any major repairs where I could get an STS with half the miles and more features.

Playdrv4me, you think like me. I guess you must have to have driven an STS before to know what it's all about.
i then i would go with the STS;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know why or who moved this here, but it doesn't really belong here as it isn't Seville only discussion.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Escalade hands down !
I had a '03 and '00 STS .Vortec engine is awesome and you can easily modify it .Only down thing for 'lade is that it is a real gas gussler in city driving .Well, in fact all the other vehicles of that size is a drinker .So this comparison is like apple to orange but 'lade is not to be sneezed out in performance wise .
I think you should go for the 'lade .

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
:confused: On the flip side, why wallow around in a gussied-up Tahoe when you could have a STS? (and the F150 4x4 in the garage gets 19 mpg and loves snow)

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
STS for sure. But that is based on large personal biases. I love cars and hate SUVs, really the only reason i can see to have an SUV would be either off road use, which is obviously not the Escalades cup o tea and to which a truck is much more suited, or for a large family with the need of a 3rd row seat, in which case id much rather have a car based crossover, say a mercedes R series.

Adam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts