Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
194 Posts
Well, interesting read over coffee. Perplexing pretzel logic and mental image of many hands shooting over someone's forehead, but interesting. Labeling an episode of either inexplicable inattentiveness, momentary lapse of situational awareness or just plain 'ol laziness as some inanimate object's safety shortfall just smacks of oblivious entitlement.

Excreting the same illogical premise, even one manufacturer offering optional 38 airbags should mandate recall of every other vehicle on the road of the same model year or newer with fewer airbags? In all seriousness Post #10 (not to mention all the rest) successfully quells this zaniness.

I'm just waiting to hear clambering to remove P from the column altogether. Because, you know, confusing, unnecessary, safety hazard....

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,455 Posts
The vehicle operates the same way every other cable shifted automatic transmission works regardless of weather it’s keyed ignition or push button.
You need to move the shifter to park for it to engage park.
In a key ignition, the key won’t come out with being in park.
In a push button vehicle, it won’t completely turn off, a chime will sound, and a “Shift to Park” message will display.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
615 Posts
So you have lane keep assist but if you let go of the steering wheel and smack into another car this is Cadillac's fault? You have tire pressure monitoring, but if you ignore it and blow out a tire it's Cadillac's fault? You have power windows but if you leave your window down and it starts raining this is Cadillac's fault? Come on man, this is a truck with a mechanical column shifter not an electronic console shifter. You MUST (and this should be absolute common sense given your previous vehicles you claim to have) shift it to park when you turn the vehicle off! And if you do not shift it into park and leave it in drive your vehicle gives you an obnoxious warning about it through tones and a message on the gauge cluster screen. Sorry man, but negligence by you as a driver isn't a safety issue the manufacturer needs to solve, you can only idiot proof a car so much. And you claiming 45 years of driving experience doesn't help, at first I thought this was a younger person leasing their first car. And yes before you dive in on one of your other absurd arguments, I'm extremely familiar with modern safety features and do systems integration for a living. You're expectations do not match reality, maybe get rid of this car and try a Tesla? Even those you have to remember to close the doors before you drive, so that might be out too...

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Luxury 2005 CTS V6
10 Posts
Hello maeng9981,
I love my Escalade and i do not know what hydraulic automatic transmission is
I have also more than 45 years of experience driving in Europe Africa and Canada
I have verified this fault with Cadillac Dealership and Cadillac and would like Cadillac to fix this issue

OMG what did world come to, its everyones fault except me.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
526 Posts
I paid for these services and expect more from Cadillac and so should you
Most of the replies are from owners who have very old vehicles and may not be familiar with the new safety features in the industry
Others like Jeep or Lexus do not Roll Back when Stop/Start Button is pressed
The Jeep has an electronic shifter that may be smarter than the driver that might shut the thing off in drive.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,012 Posts
I rented a Tuareg recently. It went in park automatically and also activated parking brake when shutting off.

Im surprised a 2020 Cadillac does not have this feature but agree it is always the drivers responsibility.

Just lucky it wasn’t on the hills of San Fran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,455 Posts
The difference here is clearly electronic transmission shifter or cable transmission shifter. We are in a transition period right now where new models get the electronic shifter and carry over models retain the cable shifter. The 2021 Escalade redesign gets the the electronic shifter and will coddle your busy brains with shifting to park for you if you forget.

·
Registered
96 FWB
194 Posts
...... busy brains .......
I do believe you hold possible winner for 'Meme De Le Centaur Ree'. So, " "I'll take Daily Double on "Oblivious Entitled" and "Social Justified Warrior", Alex".

They gonna be outlawin' sticks pert soon now jus' watch. To much eye-brain-hand-brain-foot coordinatin' and all. Evil. Bad. Too much thinkingg.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
526 Posts
Hey, if we need alarms to remember we have children in the car, why should we be expected to actually park a car properly.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
HA HA, "Have you checked the children?" in my best "B" movie slasher on the phone voice....
There's probably an alarm telling the OP to put it in park also - that didn't work either.....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts