Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a chance and ordered a tail gate assist for my 2013 EXT, put it on today and works great, the number is Dee Zee 43102 I bought mine from eBay for A little over $15.00 shipped not sure if it is a knock off but for the price I thought I would try it.
Yes it looks like the tailgate support cable has slack in it, and it does until you put some weight on it it seems the shock pulls up a little on it so I just sat on the tailgate when I tightened up the top bracket and it is fine. Stole an idea from a you tube channel and painted the brackets the same color as the truck. Makes it look more factory.
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car

Automotive tire Fixture Vehicle door Gas Automotive exterior

· Registered
2010 DTS Premium 2010 Escalade EXT
658 Posts
Nice! I have exact same truck, except mine's a 2010. Did you have to do any mods to install this, i.e., drill holes, etc???? Also, did you use only one of the struts, or two? And can you kindly post a link to buy?

Thanks!
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I have exact same truck, except mine's a 2010. Did you have to do any mods to install this, i.e., drill holes, etc???? Also, did you use only one of the struts, or two? And can you kindly post a link to buy?

Thanks!
View attachment 625188
Ok here goes no drilling or any modifications real easy install, the place I bought mine from went up on price just go to eBay and put in Dee Zee 43102 and you will see a lot of them for sale at different prices, the lowest price I see today is $ 15.78 I didn't put 2 on because I wanted to make sure it would work but I'm thinking about buying another one today to put on and if it makes it to slow then I will just save it for later. It really doesn't do much until the last 1/4 of travel then slows the tailgate down so no slamming down as if you dropped the tailgate. For paint if you want to go that route I used Krylon Fusion Silver Metallic and it is pretty close to factory color.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks!
View attachment 625188
On eBay just put in 43102 Tailgate assist, I went to eBay and put in Dee Zee 43102 and the prices were high.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@mt.man511 - Thanks for the info, I ordered one! ;)

Have you found any nice mudflaps??????? I've been trying to find some with the Cadillac logo, but no luck.
No I was just going to buy the plane black ones for the rear, can't seem to find any for the front that will work with the power steps, I have heard you can move the steps back a little to clear the flaps.

· Registered
658 Posts
Just installed my 'tailgate assist' and it works good! Didn't come with any instructions at all, so your pics in Post #1 were a big help, thanks for those....... ;)

This is a nice little mod. It stops the tailgate from slamming down if it slips out of your grasp.

· Registered
2013 EXT
3 Posts
My mechanic added a little weld to where the cable rests on the bolt, so there is no slack when it’s opened. Yours looks much nicer painted, wish I knew to paint it before it was installed. But I’m the only one who sees it. He also installed the Husky mudflaps for me. The rear ones fit perfect and the fronts needed the floor boards to be moved back, so the floor boards are closer the rear tires, but no clearance issues, works great.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas Automotive exterior

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My mechanic added a little weld to where the cable rests on the bolt, so there is no slack when it’s opened. Yours looks much nicer painted, wish I knew to paint it before it was installed. But I’m the only one who sees it. He also installed the Husky mudflaps for me. The rear ones fit perfect and the fronts needed the floor boards to be moved back, so the floor boards are closer the rear tires, but no clearance issues, works great. View attachment 625812
Really would like to see the mud flaps installed also do you know what the number is for the mud flaps, Thank's

· Registered
658 Posts
My mechanic added a little weld to where the cable rests on the bolt, so there is no slack when it’s opened. Yours looks much nicer painted, wish I knew to paint it before it was installed. But I’m the only one who sees it. He also installed the Husky mudflaps for me. The rear ones fit perfect and the fronts needed the floor boards to be moved back, so the floor boards are closer the rear tires, but no clearance issues, works great.
I checked the support cable action after installing the assist strut and it seemed fine. I was actually wondering if it might need a weld (or something). But mine works great.

Hey, do you have a pic and a link to the mudflaps that you bought?? I definitely want to get some mudflaps on here. Thanks............... ;)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just installed my 'tailgate assist' and it works good! Didn't come with any instructions at all, so your pics in Post #1 were a big help, thanks for those....... ;)

This is a nice little mod. It stops the tailgate from slamming down if it slips out of your grasp.
Glad it helped the assist on the passenger side was a no go not sure why it kept pulling the tailgate off where it attaches to the truck.

· Registered
2005 STS V-8 1SF Magneride HUD/ACC, 2008 Escalade ESV 1SZ Y91 Luxury Edition
1,559 Posts
No I was just going to buy the plane black ones for the rear, can't seem to find any for the front that will work with the power steps, I have heard you can move the steps back a little to clear the flaps.
Yes you can move them back. I found genuine GM mudflaps on feeBay but that was two years ago. Truck is Gold Mist, mudflaps are factory painted silver. Can hardly tell the difference.
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car

· Registered
658 Posts
Glad it helped the assist on the passenger side was a no go not sure why it kept pulling the tailgate off where it attaches to the truck.
Yeah, the little strut works great, mounted on driver side. I did not see any sort of 'assist' on the passenger side.

I can totally let the tailgate drop by itself now...... (y)

· Registered
1,689 Posts
Wow, those mudflaps really compliment the body lines with the retractable running boards. That’s another option the factory should of exploited and missed.

The 11-14 Escalade Platinum & Premium are almost non existent here in SoCal. I’ve seen only one ESV Premium with dual exhaust, factory matte 22’s, led headlamps, dual exhaust and paint matched flaps. With the factory clear tinted rear lenses on the diamond white I’d found my goal on what to update my 09 into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
2013 EXT
3 Posts
Really would like to see the mud flaps installed also do you know what the number is for the mud flaps, Thank's
Sorry for the dirty truck but I wanted to reply quickly. Here are the mudflaps. They are husky. I got the part number from another thread on the site. I bought them here:

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive design Asphalt

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Leg Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 20 of 26 Posts